F1 2016

Soldato
I was enjoying this game , but now my G29 is totally messed up and the wheel is 90 degrees off center and I can't seem to fix it

Game has no wheel calibration, and I just cannot fix it. dunno, really odd.

ok well works ok with gamepad? But not my wheel, ok time to remove and re-install my wheel drivers? I had a Windows update install so maybe something broke? I dunno.

Last edited:
Soldato
windows update can do it . was a recent update which messed wheels up.also dont play through gforce experience.

I just got it fixed. I had to re-install my wheel and then re-calibrate via devices control panel.

Why does Windows update break wheel calibration then? Wow that is super silly, as at first I thought it was the game, spent like best part of an hour troubleshooting this, all for one update from MS.

Right, normal service resumed. : - )

Soldato
Incredible.
I clearly must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

What kind of camber, toe and pressure we talking about?

Also I have noticed that a lot of the top times *I think* are being set by gamepad.

Rear pressure either as low or possible or 1/2 steps above.

and camber/toe seems to change track by track and linked to your weight distribution.

I'm home now from a day of drinking and should log on and see if I need to defend my time for the spa shoot out but doubt I can set a faster time being well over the drink drive limit.

Soldato
This game just does my nut in.

Now tried the career mode, impressive how they have managed to captivate gameplay throughout a race weekend. You can really spend an entire weekend (translating to hours) of driving around...

But...

I raced on Experienced with a McLaren and damn, the AI is just solid, and that's about midway difficulty! Am I the only one noticing this or am I just that bad at driving?

(And to think I always though I was ok back in the day of GP4/F1-2002 etc etc).

I feel like I'm so useless at this game.

Last edited:
Soldato

Now tried the career mode, impressive how they have managed to captivate gameplay throughout a race weekend. You can really spend an entire weekend (translating to hours) of driving around...

But...

I raced on Experienced with a McLaren and damn, the AI is just solid, and that's about midway difficulty! Am I the only one noticing this or am I just that bad at driving?

Nah its not just you.. I'm enjoying the game, but wow what has happened to my competitiveness.

I am just not carrying my speed through corners, and I am a lot slower in this then I was in F1 2010 - 2012.

the AI are hard , some say they are easy, but I just raced Monaco and wow, I didn't finish. I crashed out, due to AI chasing me hard after the first round of pit stops..

Associate
Spa time attack results, hard track to tame.

264hzc1.jpg

See you next weekend in Italy.

Soldato

But...

I'm kind of stuck between two difficulties on my career - Expert I'm thrashing the AI in a McLaren but then on Legend they're thrashing me (although in the race I can generally keep up, I just struggle with a good qualifying time).

I think they should have done some kind of difficulty slider rather than set difficulties.

Man of Honour
OP
Nah its not just you.. I'm enjoying the game, but wow what has happened to my competitiveness.

I am just not carrying my speed through corners, and I am a lot slower in this then I was in F1 2010 - 2012.

the AI are hard , some say they are easy, but I just raced Monaco and wow, I didn't finish. I crashed out, due to AI chasing me hard after the first round of pit stops..

The AI has been much improved which is what everyone requested. Much more competitive in practice and quali times and also at racing. As others have said, in some cases there is a bit too much of a leap between some of the difficulties.

What I am finding is that perfecting the corners is more important than ever - more specifically, not going in too quickly (generally way slower than you expect), hitting the apex correctly and getting your exit spot on...and usually staying off the kerbs as they kill your traction. I have never had to think about cornering as much in any of the previous iterations.

Soldato
What I am finding is that perfecting the corners is more important than ever - more specifically, not going in too quickly (generally way slower than you expect), hitting the apex correctly and getting your exit spot on...and usually staying off the kerbs as they kill your traction. I have never had to think about cornering as much in any of the previous iterations.

This may be my problem with missing the Legend practice pace by ~0.6-1s. Maybe if I really try to improve getting all my corners spot on then it could be a lot more fun.

Edit: After taking notice, there's not much wrong with my cornering, I just think you need to be able to use manual gears to play well on Legend: I'm just losing loads of time on the straights because of auto gears.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
This may be my problem with missing the Legend practice pace by ~0.6-1s. Maybe if I really try to improve getting all my corners spot on then it could be a lot more fun.

Edit: After taking notice, there's not much wrong with my cornering, I just think you need to be able to use manual gears to play well on Legend: I'm just losing loads of time on the straights because of auto gears.

You can somewhat override the auto gears through the corners.

Soldato
The AI has been much improved which is what everyone requested. Much more competitive in practice and quali times and also at racing. As others have said, in some cases there is a bit too much of a leap between some of the difficulties.

Yes, I am just not getting the times, as I'm hitting the kerbs and then I lose vital seconds, its killing my times.

Codemasters have really made some huge changes to this game, do they now have a different development team working on this, as it is a much different game then before... Its still simcade, but you turn all the assists off and its very nearing actual sim, can see why its being reviewed favorably.

It has a good mix of jump in and drive, or whack it up and see how soon you struggle, apart from some crazy spikes in AI difficulty as mentioned.

Soldato
Still don't get it.. I just don't get how some of these times on youtube set by people on Aus are so darned fast.

Also I think there is a difference between the console and PC versions even when all the assists are turned off. Can anyone clarify this?

Also are the leaderboards separated by platform dependent on the platform you are playing on?

Soldato
Got my wheel today - finding it difficult to setup for this game at the moment, mainly in the pedals - the accelerator is fine but the brake i really have to stand proper hard on to make it brake.

That said after a bit of tweakage i got a couple of tenths off my best time on Australia and going full manual gears so i guess its a bit of trial and error and ill get there.

Is there any profiles for logitech wheels with this game yet? I dont see any in the logitech app.

Caporegime
Got my wheel today - finding it difficult to setup for this game at the moment, mainly in the pedals - the accelerator is fine but the brake i really have to stand proper hard on to make it brake.

That said after a bit of tweakage i got a couple of tenths off my best time on Australia and going full manual gears so i guess its a bit of trial and error and ill get there.

Is there any profiles for logitech wheels with this game yet? I dont see any in the logitech app.

logitech settings try this

make sure centering is unticked.

degrees rotation 360

allow game to change settings unticked.

Associate
I do it the other way. Keep degrees of rotation at 900 and adjust the wheel saturation in game for 1 to 1 rotation. For me that's about 65 on the slider. This makes it easier to adjust the turn of the wheel for tracks like Monaco. It's also what the geezer from code masters said to do earlier on in this thread.

Soldato
Monaco is a pain.how the guys in real life do it god knows :p

I can agree, respect to F1 drivers at this track. I crashed out in my career. Glad I did, can't stand the track.

Just done a full wet race at Canada , wow thank you traction control, otherwise wow I'd have not finished that either..

Back
Top Bottom