Fast food delivery insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Plus who wants to taint there car with the smell of hot pizza :p

As nice as it is I wouldn't want my car stinking of grease.

All this talk of pizza has got me v hungry :D.

Permabanned
well no as they dont work 7 hour shifts, so really they would take home what £40 a day for say 5 days? Thats £200 a week pre tax. So no, in fact, what a crap job! lol.

And even if they did work 7 hour days they'd still only be taking home £18k odd at £10ph where does £30k come from? With tax on £15ph it'd be more like £22k

Last edited:
Permabanned
good money, but again, not much fun. A year or two back a friend of mine did this to get him through uni as private hire. He'd clear £500 over two nights at weekends!

Soldato
They advertise good rates of pay, on the basis you do a stupid number of deliveries per hour to top up the basic rate.

Wifey does pizza delivery, i'll have a nose at who she's insured with. Went through the confused.com site, listed the occupation as delivery driver (takeaway stuff) added the business millage (i remember her policy document included wording along the lines of "use in connection with the employers business") to the price and it came back with a good price, about 60 quid more than her previous price.

I recently found an old wage slip from when i did pizza delivery just over 6 years ago, an amazing £4/hr :eek:

Soldato
[TW]Fox;10884806 said:
There is a guy who taxi's around town in an LPG converted 528i SE Auto with Alpina bodykit and 18 inch Multispokes.

Now, I dont fancy being a taxi driver but thats hardly the worst job in the world :D

It's probably just as knackering to your car overall as a pizza boy. Plus you have the added risk of people running off without paying, drunks yaking in your car and to earn any decent money you would have to work till the early hours. I did it when I was younger and training for extra money. I can say it is the worse job I could imagine doing.

Soldato
Working in a shop or restaurant would be infinitely better though. You can clear £6/hr in a nice warm shop doing more sociable hours and it doesn't wreck your car. Alternatively, if you work in the right restaurant you can clear £10+ an hour on a busy Saturday night. I used to clear about £80 including wages on a good saturday night at Outback and £40 was the worst I ever got, which is still over £7 an hour for a 6 hour shift :)

Caporegime
Fox hasn't got a clue about deliverys have you? I work for a local chinese, £35 to walk in the door and minium £1.5 per delivery local. 6 hours work £120 a night, easy money.

fair enough if you have either a second car or a tramp of a first motor.

for me to consider it i'd need to factor in the cost of buying and running a fiesta as a second car. i wouldn't want my pride and joy stinking like a chinese takeaway 24/7. i refuse to pick up any takeaway food in my car even when it's for myself.

Soldato
Wow a 9 year old thread lol. I was speaking to someone about this the other day who's husband is a postman in the morning and then does Dominos delivery of a night and they seem to be doing ok for themselves.
She thinks it's far better than retail minimum wage saying her husband is basically clearing £10 p/h delivering pizzas when you factor in tips etc.
What I don't get though is Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns by me are advertising 24/7 for drivers they never have enough staff whereas people are loving these parcel delivery jobs using your own car for places like Amazon etc and barely scraping minimum wage yet still damaging there car. In fact I'm sure there was a documentary on tv where some woman worked out she was left earning around £4.50 per hour when taking out fuel etc dropping parcels for Amazon

Soldato
They average around £10ph with there tips. Scotty bhoy must be delivering more than takeaways to be earning that kind of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom