Fast track one week passport service

Associate
Hi,

My passport got damaged yesterday and I go away on the 20th so have booked an appointment to get a new passport using the fast track one week service. They can't fit me in until the 10th of September so i'll be receiving the new passport a day or 2 before I leave!

I was wondering whether anybody has used this service before and could answer a few questions for me?

They have told me I need to be in to sign for passport as it's delivered by secure courier - Do they give you a delivery date or/and tracking number?

Can I get it delivered to my work address? Booking time off work, just before a holiday, without knowing when it will be delivered is going to be tricky.

I'm going to give them another call when they open but the 2 people i've already spoken to have not given me a straight answer to either of those questions. I might just see if they can fit me in for a same day passport if not as i'm not to comfortable with receiving it a day or 2 before i'm due to leave (if I miss the courier etc I wont be going anywhere!).

Many thanks

Soldato
I've always had my passport within a week days after sending application. Bog standard no extra paid.

Yes they do give you a tracking number. Alternative delivery address I'm not sure about, but they probably offer it.

Same as the gf, applied for a visa, had it and her passport back within 2 days.

You'll be fine, stress pot. :p

Soldato
You used to be able to do a same day service, but iirc it was very expensive.

I did this in Liverpool.

Drove there for 8, they would tell me if anythings wrong with it. Photo etc. Get it corrected. Go shop around Liverpool 1 for about 5 hours, return. Got it.

I was going to cuba a few days after.

Associate
OP
I've spoke to them about same day and it can't be used for replacement of damaged passports. Don't know why!

So I'm going to Liverpool on the 10th and it'll be delivered before the 18th but they won't be able to say when so I can't book the day off work to make sure I'm in! Which means if I miss the delivery I'm not going to be able to away!

Soldato
I've spoke to them about same day and it can't be used for replacement of damaged passports. Don't know why!

So I'm going to Liverpool on the 10th and it'll be delivered before the 18th but they won't be able to say when so I can't book the day off work to make sure I'm in! Which means if I miss the delivery I'm not going to be able to away!

get it delivered to work then?

Associate
OP
The guy on the phone said they can only deliver to the address on the application. I'll ask again when i'm there but it doesn't seem likely that i'll be able to get it delivered to work. Would be ideal if they could!

Associate
OP
It's being delivered by DXSecure not royal mail. You have to wait a couple of days before you can collect from there depot. It would be easier if it was royal mail as the sorting office is only down the road.

Associate
OP
I've not really got much choice, I need a passport before the 20th and this seems like the only way.

They said it's guaranteed within 7 calendar days so hopefully it will do!

Associate
My mate used fast track back in November, he sent it off 3 weeks before we left, it arrived the day before we left.

Yeah the 7 day guarantee isnt really set in stone, could take 2-3 weeks especially the busy period about now.

They should be able to send to passport office and keep it there.

Associate
OP
But the whole point of paying nearly £40 extra for the fast track one week service is the fact you get it within 7 days.

Are you not talking about the check and send service with the post office where it's quicker but not guaranteed?

Associate
But the whole point of paying nearly £40 extra for the fast track one week service is the fact you get it within 7 days.

You would think so, but doesnt always work like that...best friend is still waiting for his, his fast track appt was on the 14th...and his docs etc were all fully completed.

Associate
I've recently had my damaged passport replaced. Took 3 weeks due to it being a busy time of year, you can track it and when they delivered it, they pushed it through the front door. Didn't have to sign or collect.

Associate
OP
I've recently had my damaged passport replaced. Took 3 weeks due to it being a busy time of year, you can track it and when they delivered it, they pushed it through the front door. Didn't have to sign or collect.

Did you use the one week fast track service?

Also was it delivered by DXSecure? The guy on the phone said they might just post it through and take a picture of the door but its up to the discretion of the delivery driver.

This isn't what I want to hear though! I need it before the 20th or I won't be going anywhere on holiday!

Associate
Did you use the one week fast track service?

Also was it delivered by DXSecure? The guy on the phone said they might just post it through and take a picture of the door but its up to the discretion of the delivery driver.

This isn't what I want to hear though! I need it before the 20th or I won't be going anywhere on holiday!

No I sent off for it at the end of July and got it a week or so ago, normal application.

Yes DXSecure, I think all passport deliveries are through them but I may be wrong. I was told by the post office I could re-arrange delivery to work if I wasn't in when they attempted to drop it off.

If you do the fast track you'll have it in a week no problem, you've got plenty of time yet :)

Associate
OP
No I sent off for it at the end of July and got it a week or so ago, normal application.

Yes DXSecure, I think all passport deliveries are through them but I may be wrong.

If you do the fast track you'll have it in a week no problem, you've got plenty of time yet :)

Thats put me at ease a little bit. Hopefully i'm worrying over nothing but i've got another 10 days yet until they can see me! I'm hoping they'll put it through as a same day application as the damage is only very minor.

Back
Top Bottom