** A MERRY DEAL FROM SEASONIC **

OcUK Staff
We've teamed up with Seasonic to offer the X-750 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply for an amazing £50 off! Seasonic are one of the best manufacturers in the business and the X750 is an absolute bargain @ £89.99! Stock will go quickly, so buy now to avoid disappointment. It's the most up to date version too, the SS-750KM3 F3 :)

Seasonic X-Series 750w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply @ £89.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Seas...Plus-Gold-Modular-Power-Supply-CA-026-SS.html

The very first full modular multi-output ATX, high-wattage power supply that has ever obtained the 80PLUS® Gold certification is introduced by Seasonic.

Was £139.99 inc VAT.

Only £89.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
Was looking to grab one of these to replace a whining/buzzing hx750i.

Looking around though, I see a quite a few claiming whine is a known issue with these/Seasonic in general & of course others saying, nope, no whine.

So is there an issue? or just the normal coil whine lottery and Seasonic is popular, so more units out there? As it seems I can find complaints in mass for just about any popular psu :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Looking around though, I see a quite a few claiming whine is a known issue with these/Seasonic in general & of course others saying, nope, no whine.

So is there an issue? or just the normal coil whine lottery and Seasonic is popular, so more units out there? As it seems I can find complaints in mass for just about any popular psu :)

Mostly pot luck, if you get whining then just return it. I know it's annoying as my spare CX750 does that same on higher loads but that is expected with a 80+ Bronze unit.

Man of Honour
Yeah sadly whining is mostly pot luck. So far I've had great results with Seasonic and they've been entirely invisible in operation - atleast any noise they make has been less than other case sounds.

Soldato

I have the seasonic x and I've not encountered any whine and in fact its been a rock solid psu for me if thats any consideration.

Soldato
Mostly pot luck, if you get whining then just return it. I know it's annoying as my spare CX750 does that same on higher loads but that is expected with a 80+ Bronze unit.

Yeah sadly whining is mostly pot luck. So far I've had great results with Seasonic and they've been entirely invisible in operation - atleast any noise they make has been less than other case sounds.

I have the seasonic x and I've not encountered any whine and in fact its been a rock solid psu for me if thats any consideration.

Ok, thanks. I'll go with it then and keep the 750i as a spare supply. It works fine, but the buzz/whine drives me nuts :(

Soldato
I'm building yet another home server soon so thank you!

This price is even cheaper than my original X650 was in 2009, that PSU has done interstellar miles and still running.

Very very good PSU's these, they are built more like a server grade PSU, very stable regulation, efficient and very quite if not silent.

Back
Top Bottom