** VORTEX UP THE ANTE WITH THE 60% "POK3R" KEYBOARD **

Soldato
So you can get ANSI with UK layout for this board? But not white RGB, only black RGB?

There is no such thing as "ANSI UK", so an ANSI board will always have the @ over the 2 and the # over the 3 etc. However you can run it with a UK language setting in Windows and it operates fine - This is how I run it, you don't lose any functionality or characters that I know of. You can also get RGB White, you'd have to ask Nik if OcUK can source them.

Soldato
Ah OK, gotcha. I agree the key layout is nicer. Never been a fan of @ over the 2 though... had a US keyboard like that a while ago and could never get the hang of it. I'm just too ingrained with @ on the right.

Soldato
Ah OK, gotcha. I agree the key layout is nicer. Never been a fan of @ over the 2 though... had a US keyboard like that a while ago and could never get the hang of it. I'm just too ingrained with @ on the right.

You can always run a UK keyboard layout in Windows and it'll be where it is usually (on the " key on the US kb). To be honest, I type without looking so I don't even notice the difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
These have been available in ansi layout in the UK for over a year with white backlighting,not hard to find :)

No... But most people on these forums try to support OcUK - I know from prior experience that if I have any issues, questions or concerns they will be resolved ASAP

e; And also, there isn't really a reputable place to be able to buy everything from. I love that I can get the board, the orings and keycaps here.

Last edited:
Associate
No... But most people on these forums try to support OcUK - I know from prior experience that if I have any issues, questions or concerns they will be resolved ASAP

e; And also, there isn't really a reputable place to be able to buy everything from. I love that I can get the board, the orings and keycaps here.
Ofcourse :)

Just think its unlikely OCUK would stock such a niche KB in what is a niche layout for a uk buyer,just so folk know it can be had if they want it :)

Will wait for clear switches myself and buy of ocuk if/when it ever gets a UK iso!

I have asked about pok3rs being sold via OCUK for ages,glad it happened,KBC are slow with EURO/UK rollout sadly :(

Associate
These have certainly crept up in price, though i guess it has "RGB" in the name thus is subject to gamer premium, the Pok3r is a nice keyboard but it certainly doesn't justify a £150 price tag.

OcUK Staff
OP
One of my colleagues bought one of these beauts to go with his latest project:

A quick post on the keyboard choice for this build, while I sort out other (more expensive) things toward the end of this month.

I've wanted a 60% keyboard for a while and I love the minimalist style they offer, while also saving a ton of backpack space when going LAN or travelling.

I've chosen to go for the Vortex POK3R RGB with brown switches.

KB002VT_157242_800x800.jpg

My main requirement was for a metal chassis, which the Vortex POK3R offers. secondary was to have brown switches. Brown switches are my favourites to use, out of all I have tried, and is entirely down to personal comfort and ease of typing AND gaming.

I have paired this with the Tai Hao PBT Double Shot Keycaps in black/grey.

XC5UnRdh.jpg

7LQUdDlh.jpg

I have popped the Glorious PC Gaming Race GWR-75 wrist rest. Perfect!

ZQwWLIKh.jpg

I'm really happy with how the lighting turned out with these keycaps. They have printed lettering so of course light doesn't bleed through the keys but rather leaves a lovely underlighting that isn't overwhelming. I'll admit, this is the first time using PBT caps, but I can be sure that my previous keyboard was the last time that I use ABS caps!

Associate
These have certainly crept up in price, though i guess it has "RGB" in the name thus is subject to gamer premium, the Pok3r is a nice keyboard but it certainly doesn't justify a £150 price tag.

While I agree that many keyboards are pretty expensive, the POK3R isn't one of them imho, after using mine for only a few days. Best £150 (+ price of separate PBT caps) I have ever spent of a slab of buttons.

It is incredibly easy to type on and the functions are ridiculously intuitive to use. I love how the per key-lighting works, though I feel this could have been explained a little better in the instructions.

MtkvAwCh.jpg
dxdfsbYh.jpg
MTlFEo2h.jpg
PhGQ2N8h.jpg

Soldato
While I agree that many keyboards are pretty expensive, the POK3R isn't one of them imho, after using mine for only a few days. Best £150 (+ price of separate PBT caps) I have ever spent of a slab of buttons.

It is incredibly easy to type on and the functions are ridiculously intuitive to use. I love how the per key-lighting works, though I feel this could have been explained a little better in the instructions.
MtkvAwCh.jpg
dxdfsbYh.jpg
MTlFEo2h.jpg
PhGQ2N8h.jpg

Must say that is super schmexy looking! I'm a big fan of purple/grey as a colour combo.

I've been waiting on the Nature White coming back in to stock to try this board out for myself. I am slightly concerned with lack of arrows and numpad though... I do find myself using that a lot I've noticed, so would take some getting used to.

Associate
Legend;30479105 said:
Must say that is super schmexy looking! I'm a big fan of purple/grey as a colour combo.

I've been waiting on the Nature White coming back in to stock to try this board out for myself. I am slightly concerned with lack of arrows and numpad though... I do find myself using that a lot I've noticed, so would take some getting used to.

Purple and grey is spot on :cool:

7LQUdDlh.jpg

I tend to use the arrow keys quite a bit too. Although after using it for a while, it's pretty easy to get used to and there are actually a couple of options (not just one) to use arrow keys. You can either hold FN and use I, J, K , L OR you can press left windows key + right alt + spacebar to convert FN, MENU, right ctrl, right shift keys into the arrows until the combo is pressed again. Personally, I have dip switch 3 on, changing the positions of FN and Caps Lock as I rarely use caps lock and I can then use my left pinky finger to activate the I J K L arrow keys :)

Soldato
Purple and grey is spot on :cool:

I tend to use the arrow keys quite a bit too. Although after using it for a while, it's pretty easy to get used to and there are actually a couple of options (not just one) to use arrow keys. You can either hold FN and use I, J, K , L OR you can press left windows key + right alt + spacebar to convert FN, MENU, right ctrl, right shift keys into the arrows until the combo is pressed again. Personally, I have dip switch 3 on, changing the positions of FN and Caps Lock as I rarely use caps lock and I can then use my left pinky finger to activate the I J K L arrow keys :)

what switches did you opt for?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom