** NEW ANTLION AUDIO MODMIC V5 AVAILABLE NOW **

OcUK Staff
Hi guys,

The new Antlion ModMic V 5.0 launches today and is available to pre-order. The stock should be landing on the next day or two. Details below :)

Antlion Audio ModMic 5 @ £59.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ANTLION-Audio-ModMic-V5-SP-047-AL.html

Exceptional Audio, Quiet in an Instant, Modular and Flexible Design, Versatile and Portable, New Premium Materials

Only £59.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

ModMic 5

The ModMic 5 delivers flexibility and performance all in one. Select between noise cancelling and studio recording modes with the flick of a switch. Cable management has never been better, thanks to a modular system and included cable wrap and clips.

Innovative dual mic capsule for recording flexibility
Modular cable system: pick the right length for you
Cable wrap to protect your wires
Includes the Antlion mute module

MODMIC FEATURES

Exceptional Audio

ModMic 5 provides your choice of built-in microphones in one device. With a single switch, choose the noise canceling uni-directional cardioid capsule for loud environments or the sensitive omni-directional capsule for high quality voice recordings.

Quiet in an Instant

With the ModMic 5, you will enjoy a modular mute switch. It attaches conveniently between your microphone head unit and the cable length of your choice, so you can mute yourself in an instant.

Modular, Flexible Design

ModMic 5 introduces an ingenious cable management solution, allowing you to vary cable lengths to best suit your situation, connect to any device, or remove completely. Includes both a 1- and 2-meter long cable, along with a separate mute module.

Versatility & Portability

Plug & play ready for any PC! The ModMic line offer a USB adapter for Mac and a Y adapter for current generation consoles, tablets and phones (accessories sold separately). Includes a durable carrying case for taking your ModMic on the road!

New Premium Materials

With redesigned components and new materials, there’s never been a stronger ModMic. We’ve increased the power of the magnetic clasp and the quality of the cables to make your ModMic last even longer.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX

One ModMic 5 modular microphone set
Mute switch
1m and 2m cables, each with 3.5mm jack
Durable carrying case
Two base clasps, one top clasp with cap
One foam pop filter
One 2m cable wrap and 10 cable clips
Extra adhesive pads
Instruction manual

SPECS

Dual electret capsules: omni- and uni-directional
Selector switch on microphone housing

Jack: 3.5mm plated TRS for use with PCs
Head unit:
Microphone boom + 20mm of cable to male TRS 3.5mm tip
Single-conductor coaxially shielded
Cable:
2.5mm diameter rubberized TPE jacket, kevlar reinforced, coaxially shielded
One 1m dual-conductor coaxially shielded
One 2m dual-conductor coaxially shielded
Mute switch:
3.5mm male/female ends
Low ESR tantalum capacitor in mute circuit
Length: ~8mm
Extension cables:
3.5mm male/female ends
One 1m dual-conductor coaxially shielded
Clasps: Plated Neodymium N45 strength magnets
MICROPHONE CAPSULE SPECS
Pattern: Uni-directional
Sensitivity: -38 ± 3 dB
Response: 100 Hz–10 kHz
SNR: >50+ dB
Impedance: 2.2 KO
Operating Voltage: 1 to 10V
Max current at 2.0V: 500 µA
Max input SPL: 110 dB
Pattern: Omni-directional
Sensitivity: -26 ± 3 dB
Response: 30 Hz–17.5 kHz
SNR: 58+ dB
Impedance: 2.2 KO
Operating Voltage: 1 to 10V
Max current at 2.0V: 500 µA
Max input SPL: 110 dB

Last edited:
Soldato
Have the 4.0, it's a great mic.

Not quite sure I like it going modular and introducing more places for dodgy connections over time. Is the 4.0 getting phased out or is antlion keeping both? (4.0 as a cheaper option, 5.0 as premium).

Soldato
£60! I've got a Zalman for £8 that clips onto my shirt for if I need to use a mic.

What I was thinking, I get the convenience but still expensive plus no need if you have a condenser mic already ;)

Nevertheless this will be bought by serious gamers, streamers etc

Associate
I bought a V4 from OCUK but the microphone seems to make obscene noises to other people through it, Always does it.

OcUK Staff
OP
Have the 4.0, it's a great mic.

Not quite sure I like it going modular and introducing more places for dodgy connections over time. Is the 4.0 getting phased out or is antlion keeping both? (4.0 as a cheaper option, 5.0 as premium).

No idea, my guess would be to phase out the V4 and then bring the V5 down in price as economies of scale mount up.

Associate
Do you know if it's a common problem with these?

I have one and don't have the problem, however if you are not using a dedicated sound card you may have the gain turned up too much. I found that my onboard SC couldn't amplify the signal of the modmic enough without introducing too much gain which caused noise!

Don
Had one delivered yesterday, ££, but it's awesome. In my room, sounds far better in uni-directional mode. Otherwise it picks up my mechanical keyboard.

Can't imagine using it without the cable cover, I've done away with the cable clips. Fits nicely on my HD595

The Antlion case also looks like it would make a cracking toolkit case for my networking gear in work :o

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
how has this mic gone up £8 in less than a month? O.o

Maybe the Product Manager who set the product up maybe entered the price wrong when he maybe set them up... whoever he may be...

tumblr_m1vz652BXm1qmmhak.gif

Back
Top Bottom