Issues with new build, Z270

Associate
Hey, I'm not sure if this is a common problem which will hopefully be fixed with a BIOS update (though I couldn't see anyone else with the same issue from doing a google search), or if I have a faulty motherboard.

Msi Z270 Pro Gaming Carbon Mobo

i5 7600K CPU

HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM

Basically, my new build won't post with both RAM sticks in (in the advised slots 2+4, nor in 1+3). I've tried both sticks individually and it posts without issue. I've updated the BIOS, reset CMOS and yet still it won't post with the RAM in those slots. The computer turns on but no image will go to the monitor and the debug LED flashes between DRAM and CPU. If anyone has seen anyone else experiencing this or knows if it's a fault with the motherboard, please let me know!

Associate
OP
Does it work with both sticks in non dual channel slots (like 1+2)

Hi, sorry meant to update the original post.

Slots 1 + 2 work with one stick in either or a stick in each. 3 + 4 don't work singularly or in combination with any of the others (and prevents the computer from posting). I've been advised elsewhere that it's likely bent pins?

Associate
Heard of odd things happening when people have screwed their heatsink on too tight, you could try taking some tension off. Bit of a shot in the dark though.

Update bios would be my first thing I try.

Back
Top Bottom