asus 270 tuf 2

Associate
Hi i have just decided to upgrade my old mob x58a-ud3r i7 950 12gb ram to a asus 270 tuf 2 i7 7700 16gb 2666mhz fury black will i expect to see big improvements to be honest i am not into gaming that much but will be mainly 4k editing using edius workshop be nice if it supports intel quick sync ,after speaking to overclockers this was the recommended outfit ,i wonder if i can expect good o/c results with this set up

Soldato
I have that same mobo, and with no adjustments in the bios except for getting the cou fan to run flat out, I've got my 7600K up to 5.2 ghz, thats totally stock really. 24/7 I run at 4.5ghz.

Associate
OP
impressive results i do not think i will be overclocking mine to those results think it is the luck of the draw on your cpu but fingers crossed

Soldato
so do you up(increase) your clock speed pending on application?

Not at all. I was curious to see what the max speed of this 7600K was, so took it up as far as I deemed safe (practical). I'm not an avid overclocker btw, I just found it interesting that I could get 5.2ghz without any changes in the bios other than setting the cpu fan to max speed to aid cooling. I just ran realbench more about 30 mins to check for a modicum of stability and that was it. It "might" go a bit higher but I doubt it will without giving a bit more voltage on the core.
I've reset the speed to 4.5ghz for now as nothing I do, gaming included, pushes this cpu (or I suspect anyone else's) when gaming, etc, I also don't do encoding, cad, abode, or any highly intensive work that would get done quicker if I overclocked to 5ghz. Its just nice to know it will go that high and mkight make it easier to sell on if and when I decide to upgrade.:)

Wrt any overlcoking you might do on a 7600K, as you say, its the luck of the draw, but these cpus are getting a reputation for being good clockers, so anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom