Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLi dying?

Associate
i tried to start my PC with my second hd disconnected which caused my system to boot loop before getting as far as the gigabyte screen.

Tried removing various pieces of hardware and found it would fire up with second stick of ram removed (alos removed CMOS battery but in hindsight forgot to jump the pins), it gave me a boot failure message so i loaded optimised defaults and It ran fine on 8gb of ram so i thought i had a faulty stick of ram.

Next day fired the machine up, it had stopped working again, this time the cpu, case and gpu fans all fire up but nothing actually happens on screen, although i suspect some sort of signal is being sent to the monitor as side screens go from being completely off to showing as no signal. Swapped the ram sticks over and working again, until i turn the computer off and the problem starts over again. Sometimes it will boot loop but most of the time i get the above.

Basically my computer now wont boot unless i reinsert the ram sometimes working with both sticks in, i'm 100% sure ram is inserted fully and there doesn't appear to be any pin damage and im pretty sure the ram is ok as they've both been swapped in and out multiple times now.

Its also worth baring in mind i haven't messed with any of the ram speeds and before this the ram had never been touched since being fitted by ocuk 18 months ago.

any help much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom