5ghz+5.1ghz++ delidded+ 8PACK Elite Tier and Xtreme Kabylake 7700K and 7600K bundles 5ghz+5.1ghz+del

Associate
I thought all chips are depend on cherry picked, not all cpu are lucky to get pass 5GHz?

This is why you Never buy the oem cards they sell because they are bad clockers otherwise they would have been kept for these bundles. And for a saving of less than £10 I would rather get the non oem one.

OcUK Staff
This is why you Never buy the oem cards they sell because they are bad clockers otherwise they would have been kept for these bundles. And for a saving of less than £10 I would rather get the non oem one.

All tested CPU's don't go back into retail stock. So if you buy OEM it is un-tested. :)

Soldato
Is there anyway to get this bundle without the cooler.

Given that there are many like myself on here that already run a full custom watercooled setup having to up the cost for something we dont need is crazy. I understand you need to be happy that there is sufficient cooling but if like I can a person could prove their cooling is sufficient like I can running 280 and 420 rads in my loop could just the board chip and memory be purchased?

OcUK Staff
OP
Is there anyway to get this bundle without the cooler.

Given that there are many like myself on here that already run a full custom watercooled setup having to up the cost for something we dont need is crazy. I understand you need to be happy that there is sufficient cooling but if like I can a person could prove their cooling is sufficient like I can running 280 and 420 rads in my loop could just the board chip and memory be purchased?

No cooler option is on the dropdown menus on the product page. Just select that and use your own custom loop.

OcUK Staff
OP
No they are OEM system stock that is binned.

OEM website stock is a totally different Sku on our system and the silicon lottery applies to all website purchases outside these bundles.

Soldato
Smashing?!?

Where?

Looks like virtually nothing in it to me,

http://techreport.com/review/31179/intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-cpu-reviewed/10

When the 10 cores are used it floors it..... But I was not really thinking of it in terms of a 7700k vs 6950x standoff.. More a general point that its the ultimate fail in terms of innovation from Intel and that a few hundred mhz on an OC (whilst impressive) do nothing to improve IPC and this has been the hallmark of AMD's approach recently, just keep clocking higher.... Thats lazy.

Intel has just stalled at the moment....

Last edited:
Soldato
Not saying its not, but its hardly in anyway exciting, anyone Ivy or above, maybe even sandy should probably again skip this gen... Unless they suffer from being unable to resist the latest tech (which I know many here do myself included).

But still need to be able to call a spade a spade and even by Intel's recent poor standards in the consumer space in terms of performance increments, this is dire..

Soldato
I really like Kabylake. But everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But joking aside, unless you are getting it for free, when sat next to skylake and assuming you are not heavily into AVX related activity, what is there to really "like" about it?

Does 300mhz more OC headroom than skylake really make you that pleased?!

If so the bar is seriously low for Intel now..

No IPC improvement and make the chip run 7% quicker with an OC after 12 months work and you will have "pleased" your user base....

This is a 175 billion dollar company and thats the best it can do!?

LP

Back
Top Bottom