What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Hi,

I am looking to buy a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph, but wondering where would be the cheapest or cheaper place to buy one?
I am from the UK and was wondering if there was a cheaper option here, as I know you can, not barter but a lot of dealers give a % off if you buy it then and there. and who much will they go down to?
And if I go to another country, which country would be cheapest/less tax to pay?
Thanks,

I'd wholeheartedly reccomend https://www.hackettwatches.com/

Give Dominic a call (he's the person behind that name) if the watch you want isn't listed, he has an agreement with an Omega authorised dealer, which IMO is a really important aspect as if it doesn't come from an AD it won't have an Omega warranty. I bought my planet ocean from there in November and had a very good experience whilst getting it for essentially duty free prices :)

Associate
This thread is deadly!

Had my Longines HydroConquest for nearly 10 years now, looking for an upgrade...

Currently looking at the Zenith Pilot Big Date or an IWC Pilot.

Associate
I'd wholeheartedly reccomend https://www.hackettwatches.com/

Give Dominic a call (he's the person behind that name) if the watch you want isn't listed, he has an agreement with an Omega authorised dealer, which IMO is a really important aspect as if it doesn't come from an AD it won't have an Omega warranty. I bought my planet ocean from there in November and had a very good experience whilst getting it for essentially duty free prices :)

+1. Dom is a top guy.

Associate
I have a speedmaster Professional (moon watch) - one of the newer ones which come in the massive presentation case.

My daily is an 90's refurbed Seiko diver (7S26)

When I bought my speedy I got some prices online which helped me negotiate the price down with an AD. They couldn't match the price, but I got a few hundred quid off.

Man of Honour
I'm 36 I've not worn a watch for about 16 years since the mobile phone came about, OMFG that makes me feel old as f..........

I'm 47 and hadn't worn a watch since around the late 90's when I first got a phone. Now I have one again I really miss the ease of telling the time if I leave my watch at home. It's just so much easier.

Caporegime
I'm 36 I've not worn a watch for about 16 years since the mobile phone came about, OMFG that makes me feel old as f..........

Ironic statement, considering how much longer watches are existed than mobile phones. A mobile phone is not a replacement for a watch, it's just a less practical and elegant alternative.

Back
Top Bottom