Proof that staff have read data protection statement

Associate
I'm after some ideas please. Here's the scenario... Everyone in the business needs to read (monthly/quarterly) a statement of Data Protection. The business needs to prove that everyone reads it. In the good old days a paper copy would go round the office with a sheet on the front that you signed when you'd read it. These front sheets were stored as proof. I want a more technical solution. Any ideas?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Read is one thing, understood is another.

Some form of annual/biennial e-learning quiz would probably be more technical. The question you have to ask is; why change the process if it works?

Associate
How many people are there in the company?

In our small business we find staff are more interested in the practical applications of the DP...thingy.

Policy bores everyone to tears - but the application of them is more interesting. E.g. confidentiality in medicine.dentistry....., security may be a biggie for you...

So try to save 1 or 2 sided A4 magazine articles of said policy it in action,....... someone being sued for a gazzilion £s for leaving medical records in skip, NHS docs on laptop on train, giving information to third party type thingy.

Get them to sign they read this months notice board data protection blurb and scan the form and throw it away if you don't like paper.

Soldato
The business needs to prove that everyone reads it. In the good old days a paper copy would go round the office with a sheet on the front that you signed when you'd read it. These front sheets were stored as proof. I want a more technical solution. Any ideas?

Lots of stuff at my work place is still done by paper work and after it been signed then it gets scanned and stored on the computers/servers..

Man of Honour
While a lot of stuff at work has moved to an intranet portal we've moved back to signed paperwork for some legal stuff like DPA as it just seems to work better :s

Soldato
Vote button in your Outlook 2010 email going to the business. Then collate all Yes votes so you know who's read it and who hasn't.

Caporegime
We have to do an online test (a quick one, mind - half a dozen questions at most) on a the employee portal.

I had to do that in the last place, the whole exercise takes like 20mins. You can't even cheat because they generate the 10 questions randomly so you get different questions to the one your friends get. And you have to pass the thing over like 80%.

Back
Top Bottom