Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
I've got nothing but bad luck. So finally got my new OSD, confirmed it doesn't blow anything up!

Started to build up my quad, I got the vbatt feeder cables plugged into my naze. POP... Smoke, so much smoke. Ah, there goes the naze. I got the polarity the wrong way round. Wonderful. Absolute scrub mistake. Another weeks delay. Then today I receive my Team Black Sheep stuff, they got the order wrong. Sent me the wrong type of antenna entirely... Could be a 3-4 week delay at the very least! So I've had to shell out another £32 for the correct ones from a UK supplier. Hopefully they refund the wrong ones at TBS.

Goggles arrived, tested them on a mates quad. They are amazing. But at this point, losing hope again lol

Soldato
Anyone got an Inspire 2 yet then? :D

Am sorely tempted to get one but don't think I'd go all in with the cinemaDNG / ProRes license for the X5s just yet!

Can then learn the craft and look to get my license and then perhaps if that works out get a license to go full 4k / 5.2k raw :o

Soldato
Can anyone recommend good, but cheap(!) insurance for commercial flying. Public liability is the only really important factor. The drone to cover would be phantom 4 pro. Ta

Soldato
Just found out that EuroUSC who I did my BNUC-S training with have gone into administration. Quick shocked really, not sure how a company like that can go into administration but I guess it was terribly run.

Soldato
Anyone got an Inspire 2 yet then? :D

Am sorely tempted to get one but don't think I'd go all in with the cinemaDNG / ProRes license for the X5s just yet!

Can then learn the craft and look to get my license and then perhaps if that works out get a license to go full 4k / 5.2k raw :o

Yeah we'll be getting one before the end of March. Not interested in CinemaDNG/ProRes yet though, the workflow and cost just isn't worth the benefit to us and our current/prospective clients.

Associate
Last time I flew my 250 was over a year ago, I have since stripped it apart and now looking to get flying again. At the time the ZMR250 frames were the most popular, has anything much better come out since then? It looks like smaller frames are now more popular for racing? I don't plan on using a mobius, gopro etc just an FPV cam.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

Want to get a tiny whoop for flying indoors and general practice everyday to get used to controls, so then for the weekends i use the big quad.

Was looking at the Eachine E010S or the Eachine Aurora 90 or the KingKong 90GT.

The last 2 seem to be very powerful so not sure if suited for indoors, but on the otherhand they use brushless motors.

Any ideas on what to get?

Associate
Last time I flew my 250 was over a year ago, I have since stripped it apart and now looking to get flying again. At the time the ZMR250 frames were the most popular, has anything much better come out since then? It looks like smaller frames are now more popular for racing? I don't plan on using a mobius, gopro etc just an FPV cam.

I'm flying clones of

Alien 5
QAV-X Charpu

Both seem pretty popular

Back
Top Bottom