Bloody Australians

Caporegime
OP
WE'RE GOING TO AUSTRALIA!

Thanks for the kind words all, this has been the most stressful 48 hours of our life together. The case worker himself rang up and said that he only did it because we called them so many times so he jumped the queue for us and did it instantly.

I'll post up some photos when I get Wifi.

Don't miss me too much :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Shame you couldn't sell the tickets and pay for a name change. May help restore some of the lost £lol, but realistically if it's that expensive you'd be looking at family and even then it's a long shot :(

Great success! My brother and his 8 year old got stuck in Paris over new year because his daughter's passport had expired and despite it being picked up on the way out they'd gotten permission to go to France.. but they couldn't come back *facepalm*

Soldato
Nice one

I've just got back from Australia and I had an issue whilst going through immigration but they resolved it there and then in 5 minutes and that was stressful enough heh

Where in Australia are you heading?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Cheers all. Life tip: never, ever book a flight after a few beers and go "ooooh, Air China, with a long stopover so we can experience a small taste of China whilst there".

As far as airlines go, this is definitely the Dacia of the lot.

Caporegime
It's a bit annoying that the Aussie chaps ignoring you for weeks on end didn't see fit to apologise on behalf of their absent colleague. But on the bright side, holiday is still on. Enjoy it.

Caporegime
I'm actually surprised the Immigration chap bothered to get in touch. The SA passport is notoriously useless as a form of right to travel and Ozzie is equally notorious for having very stringent entry rules and regs. The fault here is not with Australian Immigration.

Glad OP got it sorted though :)

Man of Honour
Glad to hear you are successful on your way.

Travel documentation can suck, I have on several occasions traveled on business where - due to both my employer, and tricky embassies - I have collected Visas/Passport the night before boarding the plane. Travel doesn't need added headaches!

Back
Top Bottom