Learning VMware vSAN: Object Health Inaccessible.

Soldato
Hi

I'm learning vSAN on my homelab. It's all working fine, except I've got an issue with Object Health reporting that I've got two UUIDs that are not accessible.

I'm currently using version 6.5 (hypervisors, vSAN and also Vcenter); does anybody know how I could find out what the two inaccessible things are and then how to deal with them? I'm assuming that they're old metadata from a VM or two gone wrong...

Soldato
Hi, I've blogged about something very similar in the past when trying to upgrade from 5.5 to 6.0. There was an issue before the vSAN filesystem would run through the update due to inaccessible objects. I had to remove them before continuing. I was able with the support of GSS to work out what they belonged too. In my case, some old VDI VM's which were no longer in use so safe to remove.

Here is a link hopefully might be of some use?

Permabanned
Speaking of Vsphere storage, Ive been using Storage Server 2012R2 as a means to provide a kick ass SAN for my Esxi hosts.

I would like a comparable commercial type solution that can use VVOLs in a similar way, but I do not know of anything that can do VVOLs in "software" so to speak...

Anyone any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom