** SQUEEZED ONE LAST OFFER OUT OF DUCKY BEFORE XMAS **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

Managed to squeeze one last offer out of Ducky before Christmas. Save £45 on the great RGB (RGB ALL THE THINGS) Shine 5 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.

Ducky Shine 5 White Mechanical Keyboard, Blue Cherry MX switch, RGB Lighting, UK layout @ £99.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Duck...-switch-RGB-Lighting-UK-layout-KB-21R-DK.html

Featuring Cherry MX RGB Switches, Dual Layer PCB for brighter backlighting and Double Shot Premium Keycaps, the Shine 5 is the ultimate Typing Experience.

WAS £144.95 Only £99.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Ducky Shine 5 White Mechanical Keyboard, Red Cherry MX switch, RGB Lighting, UK layout @ £99.95 inc VAT

Was £144.95 Only £99.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Ducky Shine 5 White Mechanical Keyboard, Black Cherry MX switch, RGB Lighting, UK layout @ £99.95 inc VAT

Was £144.95 Only £99.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
went for it.. i like big KBs and never tried a mechanical before. not sure about the white key caps, but maybe it looks better in person :D

Associate
anyone got this KB? are the keys translucent like they look in the pic or more opaque, with the LED shining just through the written portion?

Associate
What are the BLACK switches like? Are they quiet? How do they compare to browns?

Black is a linear switch so it doesn't have the tactile bump or click like Browns and Blues to register a key press.

It quiet a lot heavier feeling switch to use than Browns, Brown 45g Black 60g.

Just to muddy the waters more Reds are linear and the actuation force is the same as Browns 45g.:D

Associate
anyone got this KB? are the keys translucent like they look in the pic or more opaque, with the LED shining just through the written portion?

The keycaps are solid there is no light bleed through them apart from the letters.

You do get an under glow from under them around the keys.

Soldato
Black is a linear switch so it doesn't have the tactile bump or click like Browns and Blues to register a key press.

It quiet a lot heavier feeling switch to use than Browns, Brown 45g Black 60g.

Just to muddy the waters more Reds are linear and the actuation force is the same as Browns 45g.:D

So does that make them noisier than browns? Not as good for typing?

Associate
So does that make them noisier than browns? Not as good for typing?

Red/Brown/Black noise level i would say are all pretty much the same.

For typing on as in none gaming I prefer a Blue switch but they are noisy so probably not the best option for you. Black would be my next choice.

Associate
Black switches are definitely nice for gaming as they're a bit tougher to press than red so you're less likely to accidentally press keys. Typing I'd say blue or brown is better than blacks as you know when you've pressed the key enough due to the bump/click (On Blue atleast)

Back
Top Bottom