Need a 3m DP cable

D3K

D3K

Soldato
OCUK have pitiful stock, so been searching on the jungle for them. Reading the reviews on the more popular ones, many people saying they're not getting the necessary bandwidth from them.

At a loss. Can anyone recommend a cable that works at 4k 60Hz, 1440p 144Hz?

Man of Honour
High refresh rate and/or 4K60Hz over DP at any distance (beyond about 1.8-2m) is a bit of a lottery :( I've gone through about a dozen cables before just to find one that is reliable at that kind of distance.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
OP
Do a search for the following.

LINDY 3m CROMO DisplayPort Cable

They are quality cables :)

Cheers. I'll go for this if it's the last resort as quite expensive in comparison to other products :D

High refresh rate and/or 4K60Hz over DP at any distance (beyond about 1.8-2m) is a bit of a lottery :( I've gone through about a dozen cables before just to find one that is reliable at that kind of distance.

Do you have the name of the one that worked?

Man of Honour
Do you have the name of the one that worked?

It probably wouldn't be very helpful - I bought 2 of them and one works fine and the other isn't reliable :( IIRC its the IBRA branded one. Display port - especially if the "drive" isn't great like from my laptop - seems quite picky with regard to the whole setup when you are pushing higher bandwidth requirements and a cable that works fine for one person might not for someone else with a different GPU, etc.

Associate
i got one from the bay in the end and i do wish OC would stock up a bit,

Ugreen DP v1.2 Displayport to Displayport Audio and Video 3m Cable

it was £10 and 2560 x 1440 @ 60HZ is perfect.

Man of Honour
^^ It is 120+Hz or 4K above 30Hz where it starts to become a problem at distance - displayport is rated for "Full bandwidth transmission for 3 metres" and "Reduced bandwidth transmission for 15-metre (49 ft) cable, at least 1920 × 1080p @ 60 Hz at 24 bits per pixel" so for full bandwidth demanding setups at 3+ metres you need everything to be working as intended or it becomes unreliable.

Associate
i run a displayport kvm for another 2 pcs @4K 60HZ and thats a whole
diff ball game.

i stick to 1.2 metre cables and i have had problems once i got to 1.8 me
cables.

if you want 4K @ 60HZ then keep em short.

if using a kvm with 2 x 1.2 metre cables to the box then a 1.2 meter cable
from the box to the monitor then you are already into 2.4 metres, i have
played around with lots of lengths and this seems to be the max i can do
with a KVM.

lots of folks selling cables are honest but some do like to say 4K , but they
miss out the fact that 4K will be 30HZ.

Associate
Is 144hz possible over a long distance with DP or any other format for that matter? I'm running a 5m cable and DP is 100hz. I'd happily swap to DVI if I could reclaimed the 44hz.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
OP
Someone mentioned in another thread they had 144 over 15m. I don't recall who or what thread though.

Back
Top Bottom