8Pack Approved i7 Kabylake 7700K 4.8ghz upgrade bundle ATX and MATX options

OcUK Staff
So whats the best thing about Kabylake I hear all the forum users ask?? In my eyes its the CPU's overclocking potential. With this the associated performance benefits of overclocking for all CPU intensive tasks.

Z270 is the new platform of choice for Kabylake having many extra features to Z170 whilst maintaining all that was good about the previous platform.

On completing extensive testing over the last month or so I came up with this bundle for the i7 gaming and professional end user. Each part is selected for compatibility and quality at this price point. Stability, performance and quality of course being paramount to any 8Pack component bundle.

The Bundle Includes.
-Intel i7 7700K CPU with instructions and bios profile below on how to overclock to 4.8ghz + guaranteed.
-ASUS ROG Hero ATX Z70 Motherboard or Strix G Z270 MATX motherboard (The new Gene ;))
-Team Group 3000mhz 16gb (2x8gb) Dual channel memory kit.
-Asetek AIO 240mm Cooler and Noise blocker fans.
-Thermal Grizzly TIM.

So here are some performance bench marks for the ATX and MATX bundle at 4.8ghz.

Plus some stability testing. I did XTU with 3D, Realbench and none AVX Prime with 3D also running for all these new Kabylake based bundles. Here you see some stability testing screens for both these options.

Here we have a guide on how to fix the included AIO 240mm cooler onto the CPU. Remove the pre installed TIM on the CPU block and add the included Thermal Grizzly for even better performance. Place the Thermal Grizzly on the CPU before starting these instructions.

Parts laid out!!!

Retention ring hooked in.

and secured with clip.

Place the back plate on the back of the motherboard with the holes through the mounting holes on the board.

Screw the mounting post into the back plate.

Place the CPU block head over the mounting holes on the bracket. The inner holes are for this socket.

Screw down all 4 thumb screws one twist on each screw at a time until finger tight. Attach the pump!!

Place the pump three pin cable on the AIO water cooling header on the MB and the fans cables on the CPU header and CPU opt headers of the MB.

Here are the Bios set up screens on how to set this bundle to a 4.8ghz stable overclock with 3000mhz memory.

For ATX hit Del on post to get into Bios. Once in Bios follow the screens below. For MATX hit Del on post to get into bios and then press F7 before settng as the screens below.

Now hit F10 and enter to save the settings and reboot with Overclock applied.

Bios Profiles can be downloaded here:
http://img.overclockers.co.uk/media/archive/M9H-4-8-7700K.rar

http://img.overclockers.co.uk/media/archive/Asus-Z270-StrixG-4-8.rar

Buy this great performing bundle here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/65056

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/65335

Any questions post back here.

Just for fun Cinebench R15 at 6.8+ghz and Heaven at 7g. I have better results from a better CPU but will show these live at CES. ;) 7.2ghz 32m Super Pi anyone?? ;)!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Kinda unrelated, and apologies if it's already been covered somewhere else! As and when they are released, and IF they are actually any good for OC etc: Are you going to be doing similarly OC'd Ryzen bundles?

Associate
got mine working fine at 5Ghz, I didnt bother using the cooler as I have a corsair h100i
just wish i had more usb2.0 on the motherboard, I've bought an usb 3 converter so I can plug the front panel and the cooler head into my motherboard.

quick question there is a usb3.1_E1 connecter on the motherboard, what cable do i use for that and where can i get one?
sorry of this is the wrong place just move the post or delete it and I'll re pose the question in motherboards. just thought others might be wanting to ask the same question.
regards
mick

Back
Top Bottom