Extract Username/Password from Sky Router

Associate
Well it's certainly safe to say that the Sagemcom F@ST2504n router that Sky provide you is nothing short of a piece of crap. It had a real limited amount of features and the main issue is its poor wireless range. With the thick walls in this flat, I'm having to pretty much hard wire every device that I need connected to the internet.

So anyway, I sourced another router that I'd like to use instead. Now I got in contact with a Sky Engineer who was unwilling to provide me with the necessary information which I found frustrating to say the least. According to Sky, it's against their usage policy for its customers to use whatever router they desire. I'm guessing it's to help troubleshoot any issues when a customer rings up their helpdesk.

Well I just wondering if it's possible to extract the username/password some other way? I'm sure I've seen other Sky users reporting to be using another more sufficient router that's up to the job. If so, could you please provide me with a link on how to go about extracting the details and IDEALLY setting it up using DD-WRT.

Any help would be much appreciated. Any more cables running through this place and I've got a feeling the girlfriend is going to strangle me to death. On that note, what is it with women and their hatred for cables running everywhere? :confused: :rolleyes:

Soldato
It can be done. Theres an online sky router calculator site.

All you have to do is get the numbers from underneath, put them in the calculator and it give you the username and password :D

Just google it mate im sure its in the top 10 searches :)

Soldato
And keep your fingers crossed you aren't connected through MER as that's more difficult to connect with a third party modem/router.

You could always keep the Sagem and have it run as a modem and use your replacement as a router and access point.

Soldato
And keep your fingers crossed you aren't connected through MER as that's more difficult to connect with a third party modem/router.

You could always keep the Sagem and have it run as a modem and use your replacement as a router and access point.

I thought with MER you couldn't use another router full stop?

Caporegime
Only some routers support MER.

Whatever you do keep your sky router in case you have a problem as they won't do squat without it connected.

Back
Top Bottom