Like a house, but bad broadband speeds

Caporegime
No it doesn't. Plenty of rural locations are well-connected these days.

Plenty maybe down south, most arent up North. Hell the only reason we ever got more than 1mb where we live was an EU investment paying BT openreach to put high speed broadband in every village in the NE at the cost of millions.

Up until then every exchange had a trigger level. Our village of 350 houses was set at 200. Would never have happened since so many retired people live here.

Again with Fibre, it has been subsidised to get it in the rural areas. Some exchanges here only serve 6 houses. It would never be cost effective for any company to lay fibre optics just for 6 houses. Even now the "up to 70Mb" fibre is been rolled out over the next 2 years (we were lucky and our exchange was in the first year".

So I could go a few miles up the road and they are stuck with up to 1mb for another two years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I have "up to 70Mb fibre" but only get 14Mb in reality due to distance from the fibre box.

A lot of websites for fibre will give you the expected speed for that line. In my case its 12 - 16Mb and I cant ring as been faulty unless it drops below 10Mb.

Sadly 500m up the road they get 38Mb.

I'm in the exact same position as you. Get 15Mbps due to distance! :(

Back
Top Bottom