Virgin Media - Modem Mode Doesn't Work

Associate
I have been having major problems with modem mode. It was initially working with my SH 3 (purple light) connected to an Apple Airport Extreme. The Airport is set to DHCP & NAT mode. Last week I woke to the SH3 not working, called Virgin who reset the modem back to non modem mode. But when I re-enabled modem mode it just didn't work so I had to revert back to using the SH3 in router mode.

I have since been reading online that the SH3 has problem working in modem mode and it was recommended I get a SH2 AC which I now have. But when I enable that in modem mode my Airport has a status of "Double NAT". This means that the SH2 AC is still handling the routing etc?

This is really annoying as I am not getting the use of my Apple Airport Extreme and Express and my home does not have full wifi coverage. I thought I would post on here first before I call Virgin yet again. I have tried everything and spent out of my own pocket and still not working, not happy!

I have a post about it on the official forums but thought I would get advice here as well:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Modem-Mode-Doesn-t-Work/m-p/3238844#M65680

Associate
OP
After a lot of reading this is down to an known issue with the 9.1.88T firmware, its known as port fapping and is a bug until the latest firmware is pushed to the SH3 :(

Associate
The known SH3 problem in modem mode is very specific to an issue with regular 34 minute disconnects/reconnects when it is connected to an Arris/Cadent CMTS. If you are having a different problem then there is something else wrong.

Back
Top Bottom