• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 Open BETA Benching.

Soldato
Well this game runs like utter **** for me
the game is smooth but anything apart from 1xfxaa all maxed @1920x1200 @80fov causes my frames to dip to low 50s avarage 60 almost constantly

but any other type of aa causes massive performance drop.

2x7950 @1165/1500

should be running at a constant 60fps at all times with this hardware its not like it looks better than crysis 1 i would say its more of a crysis 2.1 lol hell even crysis 1 looks better but runs much faster than crysis 3 on my hardware, yet another game from crytech that is dumbed down on a hardware level to get more people to buy yet more higher end cards lol

I don't think Crysis ever liked ATI much, I recall back in the day I had top of the line X-fire setup for the first Crysis, benchmarks were stunning but game didn't play for **** !

Soldato
660ti 3570k both overclocked

max settings 1080p with no aa or vsync

Avg: 30.283 - Min: 28 - Max: 40

Game played really well max settings and didn't seem to need v-sync or aa and it was hard to tell I was only getting 30fps but either way didn't like the game so no need for me to buy new card.
Back to battlefield 3 for me :)

Just went back on same settings as before not sure why I got more frames this time, maybe different map

max settings 1080p no aa or vsync
Min, Max, Avg
35, 60, 47.817

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think Crysis ever liked ATI much, I recall back in the day I had top of the line X-fire setup for the first Crysis, benchmarks were stunning but game didn't play for **** !

Neah, AMD cards were ok after a while - http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6970/12.html

What I don't understand, is how AMD can say a 7950 will play Crysis 3 on VHQ + 2SMAA în 1080p when it can't even on 1050p? http://blogs.amd.com/play/2013/01/29/crysis3-best-with-cat-132/

Anyway, MSI Afterburner gave some stutter and frame drops; off with him. Some settings here and there in Radeon Pro (although it may be fine by default) and it smooth on high. Better experience in BF 3 also. :)

Associate
been playing it myself must say the graphics are the best ive seen so far in a game but your right it is hungry

i have a i7 3770K, 16gb and an overclocked 7850 and it didnt run great on high in 1920x1200 so i dropped it to medium spec so i could have v-sync on and it still didnt run amazingly !!! :mad:

would have thought with my spec machine, i didnt expect very high but id at least be able to handle it on high settings well not MEDIUM, my 4 month old rig feels dated to me already, i cant even look at it anymore !!!

Soldato
I think the graphic dont look that good. Crysis 1 and 2 look better. Why is it a game like Crysis 1 can perform better and also look better than crysis 3?

I think why Crysis 3 performance killer is all the horrible post processing effects they have going on.
Is they any site or anyone here know what settings are best for keeping a Solid 60 fps? What settings should be turned down etc
Setting my game to high @1080p with 1xSMAA I can get a nice 60fps going but when the action get heavy It drops down to 30fps.
Hoping this just because its a beta and the AMD drivers not be tweaked enough yet.

Soldato
High settings and 1xMSAA - Museum

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
8394, 117671, 55, 86, 71.334

Airport

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
7003, 84475, 63, 99, 82.900

crysisframelatency.jpg

Glad to see they sorted out the SLI profile :)

2 cards 1 screen? Or a smaller multi screen res?
Or is that just 1 card 1 screen, sorry just a little confused :D :D

Permabanned
TBH When crysis 1 was released the 8800 ultra was the best card and i had it and it ran like **** on that lol.

Crysis 3 will probs need a card from the future to play as usual :\

I dunno why the develope these games if the hardware cant keep up? Or is it just ****** coding?

Well this is 2 games the current hardware cant play decent!

Farcry 3
Crysis 3

lets hope no more 3 games come out haha

Soldato
TBH When crysis 1 was released the 8800 ultra was the best card and i had it and it ran like **** on that lol.

Crysis 3 will probs need a card from the future to play as usual :\

I dunno why the develope these games if the hardware cant keep up? Or is it just ****** coding?

Well this is 2 games the current hardware cant play decent!

Farcry 3
Crysis 3

lets hope no more 3 games come out haha

No, I feel sorry for Crytek, Crysis was from a different universe...everybody moaned, Crysis 2 was more a port and dumbed down...everybody moaned, lets see what 3 brings, but I'm sure people will moan again :D

At least Crysis 3 beta does not stutter and runs well for Nvidia cards unlike FC3 and I've never had a problem turning settings down for any game !

Permabanned
Yeah well its old **** now anyways.

1 was good it was fresh and totally random now its done and old its pointless.

Halo 1 was amazing look what happend to that lol.

They think its coz cod keeps being good that if they remake their games they will be the same, its just not like that.

Cods good coz its cheese and easy to just roll into, even if your crap on its easy to play.

Associate
Crysis 1 looks better ??!?!? NO WAY, Crisis 1 graphics were good but ive played it recently C3 is 10 times better graphically !

I think the graphic dont look that good. Crysis 1 and 2 look better. Why is it a game like Crysis 1 can perform better and also look better than crysis 3?

I think why Crysis 3 performance killer is all the horrible post processing effects they have going on.
Is they any site or anyone here know what settings are best for keeping a Solid 60 fps? What settings should be turned down etc
Setting my game to high @1080p with 1xSMAA I can get a nice 60fps going but when the action get heavy It drops down to 30fps.
Hoping this just because its a beta and the AMD drivers not be tweaked enough yet.

bee

bee

Associate
i'd hate to be a game dev, they just can't win. crytek makes a game that truly pushes the hardware with crysis 1 and everyone whines that it should run better, so they make crysis 2 and it runs well on day one so then they complain it's just a port and should push the hardware more and run worse. now were back to step 1 again with crysis 3 and it should run better. dunno how people can say that it looks worse than the 1st crysis, really no idea

Associate
i'd hate to be a game dev, they just can't win. crytek makes a game that truly pushes the hardware with crysis 1 and everyone whines that it should run better, so they make crysis 2 and it runs well on day one so then they complain it's just a port and should push the hardware more and run worse. now were back to step 1 again with crysis 3 and it should run better. dunno how people can say that it looks worse than the 1st crysis, really no idea

Thats nice and all but the game doesnt LOOK good to be that demanding.
This is the problem, not that it's demanding.

BF3 looks better and even FC3 does.

Back
Top Bottom