Prison Architect

Soldato
Bought this last weekend and im really enjoying it and looking forwards to the progression with future builds. Ive got a 30day old prison with 45-55 inmates and im earning ~2.5k per day +a further ~3k from license plates, im thinking of just ticking over as i am for a week or 2 to earn some cash and then do a mega expansion. Finding some of the bugs annoying, but its whats to be expected from alpha/beta games so its all good.

Associate
Bought this last weekend and im really enjoying it and looking forwards to the progression with future builds. Ive got a 30day old prison with 45-55 inmates and im earning ~2.5k per day +a further ~3k from license plates, im thinking of just ticking over as i am for a week or 2 to earn some cash and then do a mega expansion. Finding some of the bugs annoying, but its whats to be expected from alpha/beta games so its all good.

How do you get your prisoners to actually work? I've tried but they won't work! Built a workshop (made sure everything is wired up) and set 4 hours of work in the schedule, but none of my prisoners work, or even go near the damn workshop!? :mad:

Soldato
How do you get your prisoners to actually work? I've tried but they won't work! Built a workshop (made sure everything is wired up) and set 4 hours of work in the schedule, but none of my prisoners work, or even go near the damn workshop!? :mad:

Once its setup you need to go into "Deployment" then choose "jobs" and assign people to use the Workshop... Same with Laundry, Kitchen and Cleaning Cupboard... Ive built all my work rooms quite large as the square footage is what decides how many prisoners you can have working in them. Its fun when they are all cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and especially making number plates for you. Its reduces the number of janitors you need to keep the place tidy. :)

Associate
I've been playing this and really enjoying it but I seem to have hit a showstopper where the sound breaks up and the game becomes very slow - even in small prisons. Eventually I will get an ogg playback error and it bins to desktop. I can save, quit and restart but after about 5 mins its back.

That said this is a really good game! Best I have played for some time. Its just a little early at the moment.

Associate
Once its setup you need to go into "Deployment" then choose "jobs" and assign people to use the Workshop... Same with Laundry, Kitchen and Cleaning Cupboard... Ive built all my work rooms quite large as the square footage is what decides how many prisoners you can have working in them. Its fun when they are all cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and especially making number plates for you. Its reduces the number of janitors you need to keep the place tidy. :)

Ahhhh, deployment. Nice one!

Soldato
I got this the other day and quite like it. Im hoping that they might give 'levels' and turn it into a theme hospital or something.

Found a bug that wont let me purchase new staff in the research bit. The time countdown wont go past 5.59m for 3-4 of them. I cant use the workshops/laundry or get people working. :(

Soldato
I've found saving frequently is required, but it's an alpha so it's best to do that anyway.

One bug where I couldn't purchase staff at all was annoying as it stated "exceeds daily budget" but all I needed to do was wait for midnight, then I could hire again :)

Soldato
You need to hire the appropriate staff members before researching certain things, e.g you need a forman to research cleaning, a security chief to research deployment etc. The warden can only research the other staff members, then they in turn have to research stuff in their own field of expertise.

The daily budget thing is solved by hiring an accountant, without one you can only spend your daily profit on staff.

Soldato
You need to hire the appropriate staff members before researching certain things, e.g you need a forman to research cleaning, a security chief to research deployment etc. The warden can only research the other staff members, then they in turn have to research stuff in their own field of expertise.

The daily budget thing is solved by hiring an accountant, without one you can only spend your daily profit on staff.

yea thats what ive done. What im saying is that there is a bug stopping the countdown until they become unlocked. Money is still taken...

Soldato
Should have made it like Theme Hospital, that would be amazing

Instead of curing bloaty head you have to save people from being stabbed with a toothbrush in the showers

Soldato
You can also add items to the queue which cannot be researched without the correct person being in post. This has happened a couple of times for me, I didn't have a foreman but could add the research for the janitor etc to the queue but clearly they wouldn't be researched.

Soldato
Should have made it like Theme Hospital, that would be amazing

Instead of curing bloaty head you have to save people from being stabbed with a toothbrush in the showers

a cross between TH or dungeon keeper would be good....Stop people escaping/going mental after a set amount of time or such like.

They deffo need a 'campaign' mode of some sort. eg, have 50 high profile inmates and 30 normal inmates by day X.

Soldato
Alpha 12 released, which has added contraband... Glad today is my day off work, currently got a prison capable of holding 100, and earning 8k per day, but im getting as many being released as new arrivals every day. :(

Sooo beaten, sorry. :(

Back
Top Bottom