Specs:

CPU:
INTEL i7-5930k 4.20Ghz(OC)
CPU Cooling:
AOI Liquid Cooled, with the case fans ofc
GPU:
2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti - SLI
RAM:
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666Mhz (4x8Gb)
Motherboard:
ASUS Rampage V Extreme Intel X99
Primary Drive:
SSD Samsung SM951 512GB M.2 PCI-e
Secondary Drive:
SSD Samsung 1.0TB 850 EVO x2
Sound Card:
7.1 High Definition Audio Onboard
Power Supply:
Super Flower 1000W
Case:
Corsair Graphite 760T
MS Win 10 Pro 64 Bit
Display:
Acer Predator XB270HU 2560x1440 G-Sync 144Hz

So its only happened recently in the past month i would guess that my games start to briefly freeze up for about 15 seconds, now i looked a MSI Afterburner and at the time of the freeze the Power Usage dropped from like 85% to 30% then back to 85% when the freezing stops, my temps on my GPU are 80 - 83 degrees Celsius so thats normal, second GPU is fine no idea what is causing it, only settings ive changed is prefer maximum performance in the 3d settings, enabled sli and g-sync on windowed and fullscreen.

As for the Overclocking failed, that would be the CPU as its the only thing overclocked in my machine, to be honest ive only had this show once at start up before today which it happened 3 times in a row.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
I've got the Rampage IVE and I get the same issues you're having. I can't qork out what's causing it, but I think that it might be something to do with extra SATA devices. Try disconnecting everything but the boot drive.

This is a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping if between us we try enough things we could come up with a solution :p

Associate
OP
Hey sorry i haven't replied in a while been working like mad recently. I've tried just using my M.2 and having the other 2 SSD's unplugged but no luck there, i had an idea that it may be a bottleneck with the Overclocking on the CPU and the 2 GPUs running but with a 1000W PSU it should be grand.

Associate
OP
so i checked the motherboard and there is an empty 4 pin on it not plugged in , i only have one wire that could connect it which has 2 4 pin heads on it with CP on one and U1 on the other, i have no idea what plugging it in would do so i havent done so

Associate
OP
So i went ahead and plugged in the 4 pin cable and to be honest i do believe it has helped with the graphical issue and more than likely that overclocking has failed issue, but now i have a problem entirely different to that but is not caused by the 4 pin connection as it was happening before.

Basically when i bought the pc the boot up was asus logo then its swirling loading icon and straight to the desktop but now recently and i have no idea why it starts you get the asus logo then a black screen with too blinking underscores first in the top left then it drops horizontally a bit and blinks then after all that moves to the windows logo and starts loading which ive never had before and about 70% of the time the computer freezes during the screen with the blinking underscores if you know anything that can fix this im all ears.

Soldato
So i went ahead and plugged in the 4 pin cable and to be honest i do believe it has helped with the graphical issue and more than likely that overclocking has failed issue, but now i have a problem entirely different to that but is not caused by the 4 pin connection as it was happening before.

Basically when i bought the pc the boot up was asus logo then its swirling loading icon and straight to the desktop but now recently and i have no idea why it starts you get the asus logo then a black screen with too blinking underscores first in the top left then it drops horizontally a bit and blinks then after all that moves to the windows logo and starts loading which ive never had before and about 70% of the time the computer freezes during the screen with the blinking underscores if you know anything that can fix this im all ears.

Not too sure about that problem, but try looking in the BIOS boot screen and seeing if there's any settings that don't look right over there. Things like full screen logo etc.

Also, there's a Slow_Mode switch on your motherboard (I think near the start button?), try putting boot into slow mode and seeing if the issue continues.

If that doesn't work, unplug all USB devices and see if its the initialisation of those that's causing the BIOS to hang.

Finally, try flashing to latest BIOS?

Associate
OP
The Logo was set on auto so i put it on Full screen now which has stopped the freezing but i am wondering should i disabled the CSM? its currently enabled and going through UEFI and Legacy option

Associate
OP
so i went ahead and disabled the CSM and it seems to have gone back to the way it was meant to be i have no clue why it was enabled seeing im not going to be installing old legacy OS's lol

Back
Top Bottom