Upgrade advice needed

Associate
Hi all, I'll try and keep this short and to the point. I plan on buying Battlefield 1 on release but after playing the beta i think my rig might not be up to the task. I managed to get an average fps of around 35 fps during the beta on medium settings which was OK but I noticed some stutter at times, especially during explosions or buildings being destroyed.

I'm currently gaming on a 32" 1080p TV but was looking at changing to an ultrawide in the future.

So my question is: Is my setup in need of an upgrade?

CPU: AMD FX 6100
MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
GPU: Radeon R9 270 2GB
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Crucial
PSU: not sure, i think it's 500w

Soldato
The answer to the question is yes - the next thing to decide is how much you want to spend?

Ideally you'd want a new Intel setup with something like an RX480 / RX470 / GTX1060 / GTX1070 driving the display. If money is tight then perhaps an FX8--- series CPU and a newer GPU would do. Really does depend on how much you want to spend. If going for a faster AMD CPU then be aware that your motherboard suffers with a lack of MOSFET cooling so you may encounter throttling issues.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. Budget isn't something I've thought about really but if it turns out to be super expensive I can just save up for a bit. If I went down the route of an Intel build suggested by ExRayTed what would I be looking at cost wise?

Back
Top Bottom