X99-A II Flashback

Soldato
I tried to update the bios in the bios but the bios itself locked up and now I need to use Flashback. I can't find what name to rename the cap file to for flashback to detect it. I can only find the previous X99-A boards name X99A.CAP

Need help pls :(

Soldato
OP
I formatted a USB 2.0 pen drive to FAT32 put the CAP file directly on it with nothing else on the drive and renamed it X99A2.CAP. I put the usb pendrive in the USB port directly below the Flashback.button. I held the button a few seconds until the LED started blinking but after blinking about five times it goes solid. So unable to install the Bios.

My pc
Asus X99-A II motherboard, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC graphics card, Intel i7-6800K cpu,Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb 2x16gb DDR4 3200mhz, PNY 240gb SSD, Seagate 6tb hard drive, Corsair RM Series RM850X '80+ Gold' 850W Modular Power Supply,

Associate
There's a specific usb slot to use (just in case you haven't seen). I'm sure 8pack is right about the name, but to check if you search 'asus bios renamer tool' you can find a utility which renames the cap file appropriately.

Soldato
OP
There's a specific usb slot to use (just in case you haven't seen). I'm sure 8pack is right about the name, but to check if you search 'asus bios renamer tool' you can find a utility which renames the cap file appropriately.

It's alive that was the one slot I hadn't tried too. Thanks I can stop pulling my hair out now.

So relieved

Back
Top Bottom