ROG Rampage V Edition 10 vs Deluxe II?

Associate
Hi Guys,

So I've already got a Deluxe II on order with an i7 6850k, gtx 1080 hybrid, and buying Trident Z 3200 CL 14 64GB 4-kit DDR4 to go with as well. Do people know how the Deluxe II and ROG ASUS RAMPAGE V Edition 10 compare in terms of overclocking?

I'm hoping to overclock both RAM, GPU and CPU, just not sure if the extra £170 is worth it, especially considering the Deluxe II can do x16/x16/x8 for SLI+pciE m.2 adapter, but the ROG only does x16/x8/x8. Would the overclocking capability really be that much higher with the ROG?

Also to be clear, I will be using an M.2 950 Pro drive in addition to a possible SLI setup. I want to make sure they all get max bandwidth as well as the best ability to overclock...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
Soldato
The Deluxe II will fit all of your needs and then some more. From where I'm sitting, I don't think you need the Rampage - nor do a lot of users who opt for it.

The many benefits, such as the lane switches and OC panel are great, but mainly for benchmarking - and that's where the Rampage really shines. Pete and the guys who work on the extreme memory profiles do a stellar job with them, and it's those things that set the board apart when cutting it down to the fine latency differences and engineering for the sake of engineering. Although it does look awesome as well lol.

Associate
OP
Ah right OK, so I shouldn't really see any difference between OC'ing on the Deluxe II and Rampage then, or at least nothing that will have a noticeable impact on say frames at 4K with a single 1080?

Back
Top Bottom