Asrock Rack C2750D4I dead...replacements?

Associate
My Asrock Rack C2750D4I is dead, won't POST, but can still use the BCM on the webGUI, but there's no video or anything. ASRock don't want to know as it's 2 months out of warranty (nice one ASRock!) so, I'm looking for replacements.

I have a Silverstone DS380 case, with 8 HDD bays, and 4 SSD bays. I currently have 4 of each. The C2750D4I had 12x SATA ports on the mobo itself, but so long as a mobo has a PCI-E slot I can get a controller card.

So, ideally, SoC embedded CPU, dual GbE, DDR3 ECC so I can reuse the stick I have, and a real bonus would be something with IPMI so I can remote in even if the server is off and use BIOS etc. And definitely not ASRock. :mad:

Supermicro seems the way to go, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the MASSIVE range they have. Help please!

Soldato
I had a C2750D4I but found the Atom processor to be inadequate for my needs, so I replaced it with a Supermicro X10SDV-8C+-LN2F. It meets most of your requirements except for the memory (it takes DDR4). It was horrendously expensive (~£800), and possibly overkill depending on what you need it for, however the X10SDV range has a bunch of options. The X10SDV-4C-TLN2F, for example, has a four core Xeon and costs half that of the X10SDV-8C+-LN2F. It has the other stuff you need though; dual gigabit, IPMI and an embedded Xeon processor. There isn't much choice out there other than Asrock and Supermicro, unfortunately...

Edit: There's also the Gigabyte MB10-DS0, which looks to be almost identical to the Supermicro I have. Unfortunately it also costs as much.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply, I ended up going for an Asus P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L. It's an absolute beast for a low power storage box. It's the 2550, down from the 2750 on the asrock, so 4 core not 8, but single core perf is the same. It has quad gigabit lan and a dedicated ipmi Ethernet port, and it packs 2 Marvell raid controllers each sporting 2 SAS headers, so 8 drives per controller, plus 2 Sata on the motherboard, makes 18 max drives. It also has an 8x pice (4x electrical) for anything else you may need, or if one of the controllers fails. The CPU is weak for anything past storage tasks, but at 16W plus 5.5W per controller, the whole platform runs about 35W, just add drives!

Back
Top Bottom