Project Lexi-Grace

Associate
So my daughter is not quite 2 yet but im amazed how fast kids pick up these things, shes already swiping through photos on the ipad and knows which button brings up peppa (youtube)!

So im starting "project lexi-grace"

I have just got a super super cheap e6600, gigabyte motherboard and a 550ti to get it going. I'll be adding a 240gb SSD and decent psu when funds allow. Aslo have 4gb of ddr2 ram kicking about somehwere and a old 2.5" 500gb HD.

So far I haven't even spent £30 yet and only need a case to get it going.

Thinking of the bitfenix prodigy in white/pink if i can find one. Or any pink case anyone knows of available. My spraying skills are not the best!

Associate
OP
Im going to practice on a old case my dad has in the garage! Never done any spraying so will be fun! Parts come tommorow :)

Trying to explain to the wife that the ssd is a must have... even for Lexi

Last edited:
Soldato
Im going to practice on a old case my dad has in the garage! Never done any spraying so will be fun! Parts come tommorow :)

Trying to explain to the wife that the ssd is a must have... even for Lexi

Lots of thin coats mate, patience is key... Don't get tempted on the second round to just thicken the layer up ;)

Associate
OP
So my £30 mobo, cpu and gpu arrived today....

I thought the delivery box was a little large!

Wow a whole pc for £30. And i now have a case to practice spraying on! Ill have a good time spraying this before i buy a small white matx case and add a splash of pink

Just ran a few tests and found it runs csgo pretty well at 1080 all low which is fine for my daughter!

Before i start case hunting and accessory hunting (pink sata pink fans etc) do you guys think a e8600 would help at all as its available for £7. My board doesnt take the quad chips either so e8600 is best i can do.

Associate
OP
So 240gb ssd is on way! Also didnt buy the 8600 as i oc'd the e6600 to 3ghz. No need to waste money there as ill upgrade the mobo and cpu when Lexi is bigger.

Defragged the 500gb old drive thats in there and set a 8gb stick as readyboost.... does it help... no idea but why not eh!

Next two parts to order which are a 750ti 2nd hand or a 950. Either using no pcie 6 pin only mobo power. Then some pink spray paint for the case fans and gpu shroud.

Also found a case called cit f3. Its white and purple but the purple looks pink so perfect!

Pics to follow once case comes

Soldato
Argh don't do the whole pink thing just because she's a girl. Show her a range of colours and let her choose the one she likes the most.

Associate
OP
So little has been done due to work commitments and a family holiday.

But lexi's grandad upgraded to the 1070 strix today... and passed on his 970 to little lexi! A e6600 and a gtx 970, just a slight miss match for now until i can find a cheap intel cpu and board to upgrade it.

Associate
OP
so, after joining a new company and job role I'm back into this,

hunting for a decent cpu and mobo to accompany the 970 that will last her years, thinking of trying to grab a 2400s or 2500k cheap? Any suggestions chaps?

Case idea is changing with the wife now, she wants it hidden in the living room, so I'm trying to find the smallest case possible that fits the 970.... I wanted to get a thermaltake p5 and rgb light it (pink) and wall mount it, this was soon turned down!

Its amazing how she is picking things up so quickly though as she wont leave my lapdog alone when I'm trying to play ha

Back
Top Bottom