BLACK ANGEL - $2200 Ultimate Black/White Gaming & Editing PC

Associate
I've been waiting for that day for months.
And finally Black Angel became a reality <3

Parts List: (also on ************ https://************.com/b/mxhqqs)
I7-6700K Oc’d to 4.5GHz 1,31V
NZXT Kraken X61 (+ Noctua NT-H1)
Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 CL16 2400MHz 32GB (2x16GB)
Asus GTX1080 STRIX
2x HyperX Savage 240GB in RAID 0
WD Red 3TB
EVGA 650GQ V2
NZXT S340

Mods List:
NZXT HUE+ LEDs
Corsair SP120 PWM & AF140 Quiet Edition Fans
Custom Painted:
- PCI-E Brackets
- SSD Trays
- Kraken X61 waterblock mounting ring
- Cable Managment Bar
- PSU Bracket
Wrapped with carbon fibre:
- SSDs
- Part of GPU backplate
- Visible side of the radiator
Sleeved cables:
- ATX, EPS, 2x PCI-E – Phanteks Black/White (With cable combs)
- USB 2.0, HD AUDIO – Bitfenix Alchemy White

You can watch TIMELAPSE PC BUILD on my YouTube channel:

OKAY, NOW MY EXPERIENCES.

Build went nice, even though it took me almost whole day.
Why?
Well, firstly I removed all of parts to spray paint:
- PCI-E Brackets
- Power Supply Brackets
- SSD Trays
- Cable Shroud
- NZXT Kraken X61's mounting ring
And, when I got to painting which went quite nice BTW, it had to dry for next our, be covered with another layer of paint, and then I had to wait 2 hours till it dried completely.
Then I started a job with carbon fibre. I took quite some time to cut out a form of SSDs, but GPU's one went smoothly.
So after this modding work I started building a PC itself. Build was really nice and wasn't a problem to do.
Only think that was kinda pain in the *** was cable managment; I mean, with all that cable extensions there was much more clutter behind the PSU, coz I had to fit in all length of PSU cables itself and a half of PCI-E extension cables as well.
After completing the build I of course plugged in power cord and pressed this magic button. System launched with no problems, I created a RAID 0 aray of my 2 HyperX Savages and installed Windows 10 on it. I also installed all of drivers and software (including CAM for my Kraken and HUE+).
I had a problem with Kraken, pump was kinda buzzing/rattling. I searched the net and found out that it should work on full-speed all the time, and problem should be gone. So I put it on 100% with CAM software, and it wasn't really hearable anymore, weird noise was gone, but the fans also were 100% and PC sound like a rocket engine. I had to solve it somehow.
I decided to use a molex 12V -> fan adapter, to give the pump full power and RPM. I used the molex splitter provided with NZXT S340 case, but i had to file off a part of it, coz pump had 4PIN connector, molex splitter only 3PIN. This worked out pretty well, I used this power and set CAM to 100%, plugged Kraken radiator fans to motherboard CPUFAN1 & CPUFAN2 headers, set the RPM curves in the BIOS, and finally achieved silent pump, and nicely working fans. But this doesn't change fact that NZXT should have put more work on CAM software, allowing you to set the pump speed manually, and independently of the fans.
And the last imperfection I noticed.
When I installed ASUS GPU Tweak II with AURA RGB control I had (& still have) problem with setting up white color.
The ROG logo on the GPU backplate does reproduce white correctly, on the visible side of the card, where the ROG logo and text is placed, as well as LEDs next to GPU fans, white looks more violetish. It's something that destroys colors theme of the build a bit when I want it to be fully black-white.
Anyway, the PC looks sick in some color combos as well. For now it's runnig HUE+ on breathing mode on white, and Kraken, as well as GPU LED's are on fixed mode with red color.
That's a really nice combo, but PC looks good also with some green, blue and violet as well.

Long story short I'm pretty happy with the build, I've been waiting for so long.

CPU Idle: 18C
CPU Load: 64C
CPU Clock: 4,5GHz
CPU Voltage: 1,31V
GPU Idle: 35C
GPU Load: 72C
GPU Clock: 2,09GHz
GPU Mem: 10,78GHz
3DMark FireStrike Score: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15545056

Okay, now time for some pictures of this sweet system ;)

q8qDr4q.jpg
omyg1nT.jpg
6Ci5d04.jpg
4P2D2xu.jpg
Ekr0UqJ.jpg
VPaLJKs.jpg
dfPTdGi.jpg
ZYPuivg.jpg
pEN0p6Y.jpg
6d4Ncf0.jpg
Zvvxc18.jpg

And with some red spices: