Project: Water

Associate
I've not forgot about this but ill upload some once the new GPU arrives and its all plumbed back up. :D

No worries pal. Im still busy deciding on new rads as I'm dropping from a 360 60mm to 240 and 360 rads but for the love of god can't make a decision on which are best.
How do you get for temps for the build? as I don't seem to hear much about the SE rad. At the moment i get somewhere between 25 and 35 degrees depending on how hot the room gets.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Out with the old ram and in with the new....

I need to start with the cable training once all the hardware has arrived as they are a bit messy at the moment and re-do some of the hardline tubing.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Excellent build. What tool did you use to make the bends?

I used this to start with: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/monsoon-hardline-pro-mandrel-kit-3-8-x-1-2-13mm-wc-202-mo.html

However, when I come to make the finial hard tubing for the project ill be doing it via hand as its gives a much better finish IMO.

I've also doing a little bit more tweaking and I think I've found the resting place for this CPU, I guess I could push it more but there isn't really any point.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
What temps are you getting with the two rads running in the build?

I know with the CPU is see temperatures from 25 - 32c on idle and light loads with it peaking to around low 60's under stress tests which have been left for a few hours.

I can't comment on the GPU at the moment as I am currently waiting on my new card. However, from memory it idled around 34c peaking at mid 50c

That's with all fans on there lowest settings, I will post some more detailed analysis once the system is complete.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Another update:

I am please to report the EVGA 1080 FE has arrived and doesn't have any coil whine. :D

So after testing the card was stripped down

After the WB has been installed, nearly done my final hard tubing setup and also trained the cables.

I've ordered a few extension pieces from EK, just so I can line items up a little better so we are nearly done and I need some more custom cables from CableMod for the last items.

It should have a extra 850 Evo 1TB drive on the rear but at the moment its stuck in the post.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Asus Strix 1080 A8G - Coil Whine :(

I tested two Asus Strix cards and I found coil whine on both of them to be unacceptable. So they where replaced with a EVGA 1080 FE

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Finally its all finished.

The Front:

The Rear:

Few Arty Ones:

Desk Setup:

Overall I am very happy with the way this build turned out. I do have a few parts I am thinking about changing out later to be honest.

Phanteks multicolor magnetic RGB LED Strip - It doesn't seem to show whites correctly as they seem to be more blue than white. Maybe later down the line I will replace these with ether UV ones and then change the coolant to Mayhems Pastel UV White. The other option ive been looking at was running the NZXT Hue system.

I also want to raise the PC off the carpet so I am currently getting some granite cut to a custom size to create a plinth.

If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. :D

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Thank you. :)

I've just got the sound to sort now, which is proving to be a lot harder than I thought.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Excellent job !

Was the ram change purely for aesthetics ?

Thank you, I only bought the Rip Jaw IV's (16GB) as a temporary measure until I could find the Trident Z kit (32GB). However, I had to import these from the US as I couldn't find anyone who carries stock of them in the UK in this configuration. :D

Back
Top Bottom