How can i obtain a copy of my GCSE's certificate?

Associate
Hi all.

Hope someone can help me. I have tried googling the thread title in various ways but i can't find anything. I work 8-6 everyday so things like rining schools etc are not possible due to ****er of a manager and we don't get lunch breaks either so thats out. Did think of trying my old school but no ones there before 8 or after 6pm, least it terms of answering the phone it seems.

I need to obtain them for my Navy tests and intiital interview in approx 6 weeks.

Associate
OP
Yeah highly but it's just a temporary job since being made redundant, no one here has contracts etc so not worth the hassle in losing another job in the current climate.

Associate
you can get them directly from your examination boards.

I know for example edexcel require you to apply to Edexcel Operations (Past Records) for a Certifying Statement of Results.
And there is a free, but i shouldnt think it'd be extortionate... perhaps £50 ish

So really contact the exam boards

Associate
I think if you want replacement certificates then you have to talk to the exam boards (AQA, Edexcel, OCR, etc). Their websites have some forms you can fill out and send in. They'll probably charge a lot though.

EDIT: Beaten by purexxevil, never mind :).

Associate
OP
Sorry if this is a stupid question BUT : I did my exams 12 years ago and i can't remember which board i come under. Anyway i can find out which one applies to me?

Thanks again. :)

Associate
ummmm :S

ask your school perhaps? They may have records of which boards they entered.
or possibly ask school friends to check their certificates? (if you're still in touch ofc :p)

Best advice. Will be hard if you don't know which board. Where was your school?

You may have some luck talking to the exam boards, if they cannot find you, they maybe helpful and not charge to look!!!

Main ones really....

OCR
Edexcel
WJEC
AQA

Soldato
Either throw a sicky and go down to the school, or how about using something so totally old fashioned like actually writing to the school, a first class stamp should get the letter there in a couple of days and include a stamped addressed envelope for any return correspondence?

Soldato
I sent off to my exam boards recently for my "Statements of Results". The forms are a pain but they get you an official statement saying your grades from the exam board, which are just as official as the originals

- Pea0n

Associate
OP
Rang the school today, got asked to take something to the bank for the owner so used my mobile. Lady there didn't know. Is the examination board by area? I went to Perryfields High School which is in Oldbury, Sandwell county, west midlands

Soldato
Your certificate has a certificate? How odd. :confused:

Don't be anal.

The 'C' in GCSE refers to certificate in the context of certification - not the piece of paper itself. The OP is refering to the tangible certificate which comes along with the qualification, and can be retieved from the exam board upon request. One word, two distinct meanings.

Soldato
Rang the school today, got asked to take something to the bank for the owner so used my mobile. Lady there didn't know. Is the examination board by area? I went to Perryfields High School which is in Oldbury, Sandwell county, west midlands

No your school could choose which Exam board to use for which subject. However since you did your GSCEs some of the exam board have merged. If you can't get any joy out of the school it might be worth contacting all the boards.

When you spoke to the school, did you just speak the receptionist. If so ask to speak to the exam's officer, if you're polite but persistent they're the person who's most likely to have access to the right records.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom