White Out

Associate
Hello guys and girls!

This is a first for me, i will be starting this project as soon as the white version of the Enthoo Primo is released!

Below is a list of the components i've selected for my new build, i will be using some parts from my current build (see my signature)

YOUR BASKET
1 x Intel 4930K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge-E) Socket LGA2011 Processor - Retail (BX80633I74930K) £449.99
1 x Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition Intel X79 (Socket 2011) DDR3 Motherboard £389.95
1 x Phanteks Enthoo Primo Full Tower Case - White Edition £199.99
2 x GeIL EVO Potenza 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-20800C11 2666MHz Quad Channel Kit - White (GPW316GB2666C11QC) £161.99 (£323.98)
1 x XSPC AX480 Quad Fan Radiator - White £109.94
1 x XSPC AX240 Dual Fan Radiator - White £74.95
1 x Corsair Generation 2 Sleeved Cable Kit (AXi / AX / HX / TXM) - White £64.99
1 x XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock (Intel) £51.98
1 x Monsoon 19/13mm (ID 1/2 OD 3/4) Free Center Compression Fitting Six Pack - White £29.99
1 x Corsair Generation 2 Sleeved 24 Pin Cable (AXi) - White £14.99
12 x Enermax Cluster UCCL12 120mm Fan £9.98 (£119.76)
3 x Monsoon 19/13mm (OD 3/4) Rotary 90° - White £9.95 (£29.85)
4 x Monsoon 19/13mm (OD 3/4) Rotary 45° - White £9.49 (£37.96)
1 x XSPC RayStorm Intel Aluminium Bracket (Black) £8.95
2 x Mayhems X1 Clear Premixed Watercooling Fluid 1L £7.99 (£15.98)
4 x Monsoon 19/13mm (ID 1/2 OD 3/4) Free Center Compression Fitting - White £6.49 (£25.96)
2 x Primochill Primoflex Advanced Tubing 19/13 - Black £5.99 (£11.98)
1 x XSPC Dual Bayres/Pump V4 Faceplate Pack (White) £4.99
1 x XSPC RayStorm Intel Faceplate (White) £2.99
Total : £1,969.24 (includes shipping : FREE).

It will be a long process as the white Enthoo Primo won't be released until the end of February/ Early April, although i will be purchasing some parts this week!

Pictures to follow of course! ;)

*EDIT*
I've changed the size of the fittings and tubing to 16/10mm as i will need the smaller diameter to help me route the tubing! My goal is to have as little tubing on display as possible, hopefully this will give me the clean look i'm hoping for!

I decided to do away with the pre braided cables from corsair and do the job myself! I ofcourse am using that "famous" brand of sleeving! I have uploaded some shots of my work so far further in this thread! Anyway all the parts have been purchased, i'm now waiting patiently for Phanteks to release the case and for OcUK to send it to me!!

Last edited:
Associate
Subbed for sure, loving your parts list! If I'd know there would have been a white version I might have waited longer (well probably not). Have you considered another colour to contrast against the white? Like your sleeving or lighting? Look forward to seeing your progress.

Enjoy the build once you get started

Associate
OP
I was going to use White sleeved cables, the Corsair ones that are in my OP. Not sure if that will be too much white?

I was going to use black tubing just as a contrast to the white.

Associate
I think white sleeve is too much white, you could use virtually any colour to contrast off it. But it's personal preference at the end of the day. Me if I was doing white case I'd go purple! Don't know why it's just I've seen some really vivid coloured sleeve that would be awesome in a white case.

Associate
Thinking about it, I kind of agree! I don't think I will go quite as vivid as purple, maybe go black cables?

As I've found during my build a little is more (if you follow). I think adding some colour will draw the eye to different features of your project. The motherboard you have chosen was the one I originally intended to use in my build, but I gave up waiting. It's black and red so there are two choices that are the obvious ones. There some awesome sleevers on this forum who would do you custom cables at a very reasonable cost which would give you more choice if say you wanted to use more than one colour in the cabling.
It's options you could consider anyway when you are spending so much money you want it to look spot on also to make all us subbers jealous ;)

The thing about the enthoo case is you can hide the cables well and only short runs can been seen if done well, so white would still work nicely and having the set pre-made will save you time. It will still look fab, trust me I changed my mind a lot when it came to deciding the colour combinations.

It's just me thinking out loud anyway mate, I'm sure others have different opinions. Go with your gut feeling it's what you like that matters.

Associate
OP
Love the build. It's pretty similar in theme to mine although I'm trying to go white/purple. I'll do a topic for it if people are interested. What GPU are you going for? The KFA2 white pcb 770?

I'll be using the GTX 780 in my current setup, it already has the XSPC water block on it with back plate

Soldato
You can never have too much white! :D

I loved doing my white build, everything just looks so clean and the contrast with black/red components is superb! Can't wait until you start! ;)

Associate
I'm considering a custom loop myself but I've never done one before and until I get my second GPU and can test temps I'm not sure if I will. I'm comfortable with air cooling for now though. MY CPU and GPU don't run too hot and the GPU boost can push to 1319Mhz and be pretty stable which is impressive for a 770 without much of an overclock. Although I think your white fittings and some purple tubing could look pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom