OcUK First Project build

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
so got the final bits to my build, can start assembling this weekend hopefully.....things I brought are as follows:

32gb Avexir white LED RAM
2 litres of Mayhems X1 UV green fluid
Aquaero 5 controller

The Avexir RAM is a good choice for me personally as its pretty solid and hardly has any issues and is stable...(Also looks good too)

The Mayhems fluid is for one loop only as the other loop is going to have purple fluid, the green fluid will be going into the purple radiators and the purple fluid will be going into green radiators. In regards to the purple fluid I will be using Mayhems clear fluid and using a purple dye to add to it so i can get the right colour contrast.

The Aquaero 5 controller has the capability of supporting all of the 15 fans I have in the case and it has the option to attach temperature probes....These will be attached to the pumps and the fans will ramp up or down depending on the temperatures of the fluid.

y3mCtImq_7hxUvgfwrzEYJeo_U5YwDiDhtb8vpgP9WBZcXe33JRH-gbKoCezSdd_IqYzchZrdVu5xSBirVSICs_9GomYrh7j5SoFG88_nMglQlJkAexQAtrpwdyqWmXyNytRdA-ssQUz3w7bSbNchMwrC3TYlLZXlHtRBcf3so0iAU

Let me know what you think......Things are getting close to completion

Soldato
Should look good. You SURE that's enough RAM? ;)

Not sure about your case but had good results on a Fractal Design Define S mounting an Aquaero 5 on the rear of the motherboard tray near the front where one of the hard drives would be. Spaghetti-side so to speak.

Associate
OP
Should look good. You SURE that's enough RAM? ;)

Not sure about your case but had good results on a Fractal Design Define S mounting an Aquaero 5 on the rear of the motherboard tray near the front where one of the hard drives would be. Spaghetti-side so to speak.

Its not a LCD display Aquaero 5 so I don't have to worry about placement of it, It can just hide in the back of the case with the fans attached to it.

Associate
OP
Today was a productive day....doing the last bit of spraying such as the top radiator purple and the corsair sp120mm rings green and fixing the RAM into place Once that as done I fitted the fans to the radiator and the exhaust to the back of the case. I think its safe to say it looks really good so far. not much to do now.

1, Fix and mount both pumps
2, Bend all the tubing
3, Position Aquaero in a suitable place
4, Attach all fans to the Aquaero
5, Connect it all up and off we go

Im getting custom cables made for me which will be purple and green to stick with the theme......(Just need to order them first)

y3mQ4RySfvJAC2TMtgoCoSBhFpbXJ77FgMszvxyv63MxWXaiEW6Ze7D9e-lcd7wYJiprhRzjKfpCkcmZfI2aGoT1fLMu3m8tFBOS9WURSt3e0VF1E68UvoCfjBD3kdsO2jDVjgcgAGawOpJXHpcxKIjRf2EePzy-Vwo1PVJqhaEwcs

Soldato
Well it looks like 48p down the front and 360 top and bottom (x2). You could probably ask Parvum to do a custom version with 360 front and 480x2 at the bottom.

Associate
OP
So just discovered something tragic, I need to rotate both radiators in the under carriage, so the inlet and outlet ports are towards the back allowing me more space to fit plastic tubing easily. Also i need to rotate the top radiator so the ports are towards the back allowing the acrylic tubing to look neater. Finally I feel I need to put a 480mm radiator in the front of the case.

One of the two points I am going to fit is going to be fitted in the back of the case out of the way, so I need to find a place to put that, the other is facing the clear panel.

These new adjustments are going to slow progress down a little bit as I'm going to have to find new locations for the tube resevoiur.

Sigh not a good Sunday (Damn you brain for over thinking things -_-)

Soldato
Sorry, you had space for a 480 and you didn't think you'd want one?! Do you not know yourself or is it some form of denial? ;) I have this issue most times I buy things: a 980 would have sufficed....but I knew wouldn't be happy unless I had the 980Ti.

Hope the re-planning goes well.

Associate
OP
So after a slight panic, I think I have come up with a conclusion....Im still going to have to rotate the radiators but instead of switching them out in order to change the colour of the purple fans on green rads ad vice versa, I think I'm just going to have all fans green, as it stands better instead of the purple fans, as you can't really see the purple fan rings at the bottom of the case.

If I am going to put a 480mm rad in the front I may double fan the radiator doing a push pull airflow, although this will take up all the space......(Hmmmmm not to sure.)

Placement of the larger tube res is going to have to thought out properly......(maybe mount it on the top rad?)

On separate note just ordered some purple and green modded cables to stick with the theme.

Leave me your ideas.........If you have any

Associate
So just discovered something tragic, I need to rotate both radiators in the under carriage, so the inlet and outlet ports are towards the back allowing me more space to fit plastic tubing easily. Also i need to rotate the top radiator so the ports are towards the back allowing the acrylic tubing to look neater. Finally I feel I need to put a 480mm radiator in the front of the case.

One of the two points I am going to fit is going to be fitted in the back of the case out of the way, so I need to find a place to put that, the other is facing the clear panel.

These new adjustments are going to slow progress down a little bit as I'm going to have to find new locations for the tube resevoiur.

Sigh not a good Sunday (Damn you brain for over thinking things -_-)

Sorry to hear that not all has gone to the initial plan, however I am almost glad to hear that you will be adding in the 4th radiator as I was starting to think my plan to fill every radiator position in the L1 was overkill ;) at least I won't be alone in my madness.

I will be watching closely to make sure I don't fall in to any of the same traps with my L1 when it arrives. The green is still growing on me, it even had me looking at a new Kawasaki last week when I walked past a dealer....

I saw an L1 build recently where someone placed one of the reservoirs in the rear compartment to help keep things neat, granted you then can't see it but might be worth consideration.

Associate
OP
Sorry for the delay guys on posting a update on this joker project.....been a rough few days,

So here it is the semi finished project after many many issues with the loop, with leaks from fittings that didn't sit flush to the radiator, the EK dual terminal being faulty and not siting correctly on the GPUS causing tiny beads of fluid coming out, then to only find out that the O-rings was shredded with causing the leak as well as the EK terminal.....(that was a bad day as the whole GPU loop had to be drained)

So today i got rid of the EK terminal and went back to the old EK fittings that came with the GPU water block, only issue with that was that i needed a spacer for the outlet on the top....

When i finally attached it all and filled it again, no surprise again with my bad luck this week, it was leaking from the spacer and guess what caused that leak? O-ring was not sitting correctly. but after some simple repairs I can safely say that both loops in the system work great.

Next steps:
1, Wait for my modded cables 3-4 weeks in the mean time using standard old black cables
2, Overclock CPU and GPU.
3, Stress test it and then benchmark it.
4, Oh and add some white LEDS to lighten it all up

y3mvb9EUC0rRH7gAwanPieIbUOROJQ6_c2m2Uj0Yv-pJqV_Ng3NgV51L2J0hTBeRWL7Wi_m2tlETlvSUw3stxgJIAjPQsGf8Wh7pEYKz3lIZ0s1BjqiDlsUrEm4N24REQ9lE6c7RTXcxmHoHeg9zrDMWr-_vMQgLn1nnuQ0eIaliTo

Associate
OP
So the system is up and running and I must say its a bit of a beast.....

Managed to clock to to 4.8ghz at 65 degrees through the sheer amount of fans and cooling I have going through.

The cards are not clocked as of yet but at the moment big cards are running with load are at 30 degrees!

Score 6512
FPS 115

I think I may push his quite high and see what I get

Back
Top Bottom