OcUK backroom project "Cobra"

Associate
Hi guys, I am part of the tech team here at OcUK, I have been back at the company now for just under 12 months. I am currently working on a project and will be putting the pics and build process in this thread.

The case I am starting with is the Lian Li D600.
The case is available from OcUK from the link below

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-652-LL&groupid=2362&catid=187

I will be posting a few pics later of my current progress as I am currently stripping the case and applying a custom paint finish.....

Associate
OP
ok so far i have totally stripped the case back of all bays and motherboard tray and rubbed it down ready for primer...

BrGJXav.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am currently using Ocuk backroom for spraying as the wife would go mental if I used the spare room for spraying. I'm looking at x99 but have not yet decided which motherboard to use but I think there will be hopefully a crossfire/sli set up. Would also like to get some superfast storage. There will a lot of work to do on the waterblocks as I plan on fully customising them.

:D

Associate
OP
Ok so I got distracted for a bit, a colleague has a 3D printer so the idea of custom fan grills to match got my brain thinking, he has been playing around with the settings a bit and there is still a bit of tweaking but the image below gives the idea in mind ........
JYuTsw.jpg

Associate
OP
Ok so I got distracted for a bit, a colleague has a 3D printer so the idea of custom fan grills to match got my brain thinking, he has been playing around with the settings a bit and there is still a bit of tweaking but the image below gives the idea in mind ........
fAAzvio.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Associate
OP
well finally I can get back to upload a few more pics of this build log, the fan grill has been revised a fair bit now and I think I am happy with the final outcome....

2nd revision

uCewI5t.jpg

3rd revision

bphDqWg.jpg

and finally have settled for the below :)

59MIBAs.jpg

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Had to play with my motherboard and cpu a bit and after acquiring some ram from 8Pack I had the chance to do some tweakings, I banged it all on a test bed with an Asetek 240mm closed loop cooler and well I was shocked just how easy this motherboard was to use, the ram was 3200mhz at C16 and for starters I went in at 4.8 with no issues so I upped it to 5GHZ!!! Into windows and ran Intel xtu for an hour to check stabiltiy........

LC9Q1fd.jpg

it ran with no issues so I did a quick test on cinebench and I was surprised at what it was beating, anyway put it back away for now until its ready before I go breaking something :D

Back
Top Bottom