Anti vibration mat or similar

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Im guessing its a water pump causing it, thats the only thing that vibrates in my rig, if ya mount your pump with rubber fixings then the vibratrions dont get passed onto the case though.

Soldato
I dunno if a healthy hdd would vibrate, ive been on SSDs for years though so i cant check unfortunately, but i think the same thing stands that everyone is recommending, just cram some foam or rubber washers in there between any metal thats touching it causing the case to vibrate.

Associate
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've been wondering if such a thing exists? I've seen ones for washing machines etc. But are there anti vibration/noise muffling mats/case feet that exist for computers?

i wouldnt use memory foam for this application.. I would use rubber.

and their shouldnt been vibration in the first place!
Washing machines have shocks inside them like those you see on some boot on car.. those wear out.. i would find the source of the problem , before more problems start to appear

Associate
I had this exact issue when I moved to my corsair 540 and tried to make my rig more silent (what a rabbit hole that turned out to be). My drives are mounted on the drive caddies which have rubberised mounts as standard but they made zero difference. One thing which I noticed reduced the noise vastly was folding up a piece of paper so it acted like a little spring and wedging that between the HDD and the case, the noise was still there though.

My solution was to ditch the drive and replace it with a single platter 5400RPM drive (WD Red in my case). It was only a storage drive for me so latency and transfer rates weren't an issue. Noise is gone now, fantastic drive.

Caporegime
No. Drives don't product nearly enough heat to get warm

Well now thats simply not true.

If a drive is spinning for a long period of time it will most certainly get warm, perhaps not hot, but I wouldn't personally want to wrap one up in anything.

Simply placing it on top of something padded would have the same effect.

Back
Top Bottom