Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
Rosemary & Co Series 33 are great, they're my go to brush.

Other good options are Wamp brushes and Broken Toad brushes.

Windsor & Newton Series 7 are excellent brushes but they're very expensive and wasted on a new painter really. I'd start out with something mid range until you find yourself being very involved in the hobby and learn how to care for your brushes etc.

Soldato
Decided to get back into 40K after a 20+ year break from it :p It's certainly all changed a bit! Not bothered about actually gaming yet, more interested in building and painting for the time being and will go from there.

Started myself out with the Dark Vengeance set as Dark Angels were always my favourite.

I've just spent a bloody fortune on GW paints, are those alternatives mentioned above a good substitue? Are the colours pretty much like for like?

I can see this costing me a lot of money, especially as my 10 year old son has decided he wants to get involved but there's no way he's painting my figures :p

Soldato
The colours are similar between the paint makers, there are some charts knocking about comparing GW colour to the relvent Valejjo colour or P3.

I believe Coat d'Arms who made the orginal paint colours for GW are still around as well so that might help as well.

Kimbie

Soldato
Associate
Something else to build and paint

705b4708-bfed-4d13-9102-046bbb59bba9_zpsdewrchin.jpg

Definitely next game on the list!

Just got Officio Assassinorum as well so between that and Calth got a lot of painting to do..

Commissario
Buy some dettol, a toothbrush and some tooth picks. get those things clean in no time and ready for re-painting.

Biostrip tends to be better in our experience, you paint it on leave it for a while (if you put them on a plate and cover it with cling it can be left over night) and use a toothbrush and running tap to clean it off. It's a commercial non toxic paint stripper and pretty cheap (we bought a small tub to begin with, then a gallon for about £30 which is also used for diy)

The only problem is that it's not as readily available as dettol

Cheap interdental brushes and poundshop electric bushes (or your old Braun) are good for easy detail and general scrubbing of the model.

Associate
Biostrip tends to be better in our experience, you paint it on leave it for a while (if you put them on a plate and cover it with cling it can be left over night) and use a toothbrush and running tap to clean it off. It's a commercial non toxic paint stripper and pretty cheap (we bought a small tub to begin with, then a gallon for about £30 which is also used for diy)

The only problem is that it's not as readily available as dettol

Cheap interdental brushes and poundshop electric bushes (or your old Braun) are good for easy detail and general scrubbing of the model.

Not heard of Biostrip before but will have a look into it, dettol is good but christ it makes the place stink for a day after.

Associate
I will have a look at the Biostrip (looks easier and less messy).
I am currently practicing the Dettol one on some Fantasy Warhammer models. (Till I realised the Age of Sigmar stuff :( )

I was more thinking I do not need to purchase the expansion sprues? unless i purchased more models of course. :p

Soldato
How did you find the Blasta Jet?

I have a Flyer without Weapons- Dakka Jet- is there enough spare weapons to build both?

If you build the Blasta Jet out of that kit then yeh there are enough spares in there that you could kit out your Dakka Jet with the weapons you need as the box allows you to build anyone of the 4 models (Blasta, Burna, Blitza and Dakka).

Back
Top Bottom