Is evga going too far?

Soldato
If that isn't bought on ebay and shipped from China its a bit ridiculous.

Edit: On the website it gets worse lols... 300% gold in some of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
The consistently-horrific PCIe slot layout puts me off their boards more than silly errors on the box. There's a reason literally every other manufacturer out there puts a 1x slot in as a spacer at the top (on the mainstream platform), and it's because a lot of air coolers are unusable without it. It's not even like it makes more room for SLI configurations, since they only space the second slot out by one, meaning anything more than a two-slot card is out of the question. Almost every other board out there has two slots of spacing.

They even went the extra mile with their Z170 boards by making the I/O shroud overhang the top slot. You have to bend the thing out of the way to install a graphics card with a backplate according to reviews. I don't understand how a company of their size and stature makes so many basic design errors. It's like they've never seen a motherboard from another company before.

Associate
OP
The consistently-horrific PCIe slot layout puts me off their boards more than silly errors on the box. There's a reason literally every other manufacturer out there puts a 1x slot in as a spacer at the top (on the mainstream platform), and it's because a lot of air coolers are unusable without it. It's not even like it makes more room for SLI configurations, since they only space the second slot out by one, meaning anything more than a two-slot card is out of the question. Almost every other board out there has two slots of spacing.

They even went the extra mile with their Z170 boards by making the I/O shroud overhang the top slot. You have to bend the thing out of the way to install a graphics card with a backplate according to reviews. I don't understand how a company of their size and stature makes so many basic design errors. It's like they've never seen a motherboard from another company before.

would love to see the reviews you mentioned :)

Back
Top Bottom