SpeedFan help

Associate
The silent wings 2 seem to be regular 3-pin fans and not pwm fans, are you sure they are controlled at all from bios, and not just running at 100%?

Never mind, I saw there were a PWM version of them too.

Soldato
Speedfan is a very odd, very good and very frustrating piece of software in my experience.

For some reason it controls my fans regardless of what the BIOS is set to, but it also won't control a 4 pin PWM fan connected to the CPU FAN header, it will control a 3 pin fan from the CPU header and the same 4 pin fan fine when it's connected to a SYS FAN header, so yeah, go figure.

But I do love it, one of the first things I put on after a fresh build/install. It can be very frustrating to try and figure out all the settings and how they effect the fans, it's also not very intuitive to use and set up, pity there isn't something that does the same job but has a much better GUI to navigate through.

Soldato
A speedfan tutorial? Not sure, I wont try to explain some of the options because it's such a long winded exercise, you'll fall asleep reading it.

I just ended up endlessly googling and probably came across something that helped, it may have been a link to a post here even.

Back
Top Bottom