Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Suspended
I'm not 100% sure it is explained in the TV series, though it is told to her in The House of the Undying and she has repeated it to the Khal in the latest episode.

Potential book spoiler (but again, may have been said in the TV series, can't remember):

When she performed the ritual with the witch that healed Khal Drogo but killed the child she was pregnant with it also made her infertile.

So that's how it's done? Thanks ;)

Associate
I'm not 100% sure it is explained in the TV series, though it is told to her in The House of the Undying and she has repeated it to the Khal in the latest episode.

Potential book spoiler (but again, may have been said in the TV series, can't remember):

When she performed the ritual with the witch that healed Khal Drogo but killed the child she was pregnant with it also made her infertile.

IIRC the prophecy the witch told her was slightly different to what she repeated to the Khal - "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before" referring to Drogo. Because bearing a living child is listed along side the other 'impossible' things in the prophecy, Dany thinks she is barren.

There is a lot of speculation from various things that have happened in the Books but not the tv show
Quentyn Martell "The Sun's Son" travelling to the east and dying, the Dothraki sea going dry, pyramids collapsing in Mereen and Daenerys seemingly experiencing period/miscarriage like symptoms that could be interpreted as parts of the prophecy coming true.

Soldato
I can't believe the UK papers news sites, all posting spoilers of last nights episode. Pretty bad. I know it aired at 2am but majority of the U.K. Viewing public won't want until tonight's.
I'm fuming because seen it (on news site) and couldn't avoid!

Soldato
Wow, really? That's bad.

I'm working today, but knew I wanted to watch it before I left the house, no risk of spoilers from anyone, anywhere.

Good episode I thought. Even without the big one.

Back
Top Bottom