*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Don't think i actually need one but hey - ordered one anyway AC-LR

It's getting crowded on the 2.4ghz Sky router network. 17 wireless devices around the house and my son's just got a pi3 and the signal in his room is pretty poor.

Associate
I've been thinking about buying one for ages and have actually pulled the trigger. I don't actually need the range living in a flat, but i'm installing one in my parents house soon, so thought it best to set it up in my own place first ;)
Looking forward to the increased speed the most.

Associate
I am looking in using two Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO UniFi AC1750, should I purchase the 3-Year Cloud Controller support?

Do you have the options of using different Channels 36-140 within 5Ghz mode?

Last edited:
Soldato
What's the extra cost? I bought one for a client a couple of months back and the cost was the same whether you chose the 3 year cloud controller option or not.

Channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 AFAIK.

Permabanned
I am looking in using two Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO UniFi AC1750, should I purchase the 3-Year Cloud Controller support?

Do you have the options of using different Channels 36-140 within 5Ghz mode?

Don't bother, you can mange the AP from your PC or mobile device.

Soldato
How do you manage an UniFi AP from a mobile device unless you already how the controller software running on another device?

They will work without the controller software running. You can just fire up the controller software when you want to make configuration changes. This does however limit the options available to some extent.

Soldato
Got a Pro on order at work to have a play with after seeing all the good comments here and elsewhere.

Looking to replace a couple of Airport Extremes which are soooo flaky and keep dropping connections briefly.

Associate
What's the extra cost? I bought one for a client a couple of months back and the cost was the same whether you chose the 3 year cloud controller option or not.

Channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 AFAIK.

It is the same price with 3 year cloud controller.

I was hoping for some higher Channels within 5Ghz mode, may look at the DrayTek Vigor AP-910C which use the extended 5Ghz Band - Channels 36-140.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because they don't cost much more and I was hesitant at the cost at first but seeing the performance, these are damn good value. I'm also thinking putting one outside.

The one LR I have gets a good 2.4ghz and a fair 5ghz signal at the end of my garden - a good 25m away from AP. I do have it inside a cupboard at the moment as the wife has vetoed it being on the ceiling in the hallway.

Soldato
I currently have two wireless points covering the house - A TalkTalk router and a wireless AP built into a Devolo powerline adaptor.
I'm seriously considering disabling both of these wireless points and replacing them with a single Ubiquity unit.

Is it worth paying the extra £12 - £15 for the UAP-AC-LR over the UAP-AC-LITE?
As said, it is my intention to just place one of these in the house and hopefully it will cover everything, so no longer the need for a second AP.

Soldato
Without knowing the layout, size and construction of your house it's impossible to say.

I've got a fairly big 4 bedroom house and a single AC-LR covers the entire house which is something the BT HH5, Meraki MR18 & Asus N66U couldn't.

Soldato
Without knowing the layout, size and construction of your house it's impossible to say.

I've got a fairly big 4 bedroom house and a single AC-LR covers the entire house which is something the BT HH5, Meraki MR18 & Asus N66U couldn't.

same large-ish 4 bedroom detached house and the LR covers my entire house no problem.

Back
Top Bottom