Russian Grand Prix 2016, Sochi - Race 4/21

Soldato
I thought he did not celebrate as a mark of respect to Senna. We all know how fond he was of him and how he was his idol so imo even though he hasn't mentioned why he didn't spray the champagne I can only assume that was the reason.

Nah, he's gone into full 2011 barriers up Lewis Vs. The World sulk mode. But of course he'll just say he's "chilled".

I think he actually managed to stand even further away from the other drivers on the track parade this time too, he'll be sat with the driver or have his own flatbed in Spain :p

Associate
he'll be sat with the driver

:D

Boring race again this year but cracking drives from K-Mag and Alonso. Seb's luck has been terrible this year and I doubt it will change for the next race. Ferrari didn't perform well at Barcelona last year, I thought the fight would be closer this year but I doesn't look like it is.

Soldato
Do people not seem a bit quick to judge Kvyat?
Not great yesterday, but the previous race, that's nothing more than a racing incident. And he had every right to make the move.

Poisonous attitude from a lot of people. It's not enough to just have a level opinion, someone else has to be called a ****, and your guy defended to the death.

Soldato
Indeed, Rosberg suffers such an amount of hate.
Lewis has been progressively throwing his dummy further and further away this season.

For the sake of hilarity I would enjoy seeing Rosberg continue to win, even though Vettel has been my man for years. Just to see how the dummy antics continue.

Soldato
Indeed, Rosberg suffers such an amount of hate.
Lewis has been progressively throwing his dummy further and further away this season.

For the sake of hilarity I would enjoy seeing Rosberg continue to win, even though Vettel has been my man for years. Just to see how the dummy antics continue.

Hamilton is pretty justified in feeling hacked off considering the reliability issues beyond his control with which he's had to deal thus far. Any other driver would have reacted the same way, if not more emotionally.

You have a go at so-called Rosberg haters yet your failure to cut Lewis any slack and desire to continue laughing at his misfortune merely demonstrates what a Hamilton hater you are yourself. Hypocrit.

Soldato
Hamilton is pretty justified in feeling hacked off considering the reliability issues beyond his control with which he's had to deal thus far. Any other driver would have reacted the same way, if not more emotionally.

You have a go at so-called Rosberg haters yet your failure to cut Lewis any slack and desire to continue laughing at his misfortune merely demonstrates what a Hamilton hater you are yourself. Hypocrit.

What on earth do you mean?
Any driver getting from tenth to second would be delighted when the only car ahead of him, was the same machinery, and started in position 1. bar mechanical issues, there is no way he could have finished higher.

Instead, dummy, bottle, shuffle off.

Soldato
It's like there is a secret club, where online responses are generated.
I saw this on quite a lot of the F1 news posts on Facebook yesterday, where any comment about Hamilton was met with extreme vitriol. People immediately branded a "hater", for expressing an opinion.
It's like school girls defending Justin Beiber...

His fans should be happy, that he went from 10th to 2nd. He was never going to overtake Rosberg, even if he got close. There's a difference passing a McLaren that's running the 1 litre out an old Honda Jazz, and the other works Mercedes...
They should be happy that the Mercedes is in a complete other class, compared to the rest of the field.
Instead it's conspiracies, and arguements.

Long and short of it... The season isn't over, for the WDC anyway. There's no need for tears yet.

Caporegime
Bull. He was comfortably faster than Rosberg. 10th to 2nd is going to pee you off if its a race you know you could have won.

Why would anyone be happy about their title rival gaining 7 more points on them?

Hamilton's been screwed in 4 races (1 was his own fault). I'd be concerned if he wasn't annoyed!

Soldato
What's bull? Do you believe he would have passed Rosberg, if he had got near him? Do you think Rosberg was anywhere near close to the limit yesterday?

F1 has never been any different, that I'm aware? Just that this time, the bad luck has fallen on Hamilton.

smr

smr

Soldato
Bull. He was comfortably faster than Rosberg. 10th to 2nd is going to pee you off if its a race you know you could have won.

Why would anyone be happy about their title rival gaining 7 more points on them?

Hamilton's been screwed in 4 races (1 was his own fault). I'd be concerned if he wasn't annoyed!

I don't know about comfortably faster, it's pretty hard to gauge how quick the lead driver is when he's got no one to home in on. No point in Rosberg pushing beyond reasonable limits, he just needs to do what's needed to to win and cruise out front, Hamilton was able to take more risks because of how far back he started.

Associate
What's bull? Do you believe he would have passed Rosberg, if he had got near him? Do you think Rosberg was anywhere near close to the limit yesterday?

F1 has never been any different, that I'm aware? Just that this time, the bad luck has fallen on Hamilton.

Totally agree, it's all down to luck. Rosberg at the moment looks absolutely unbeatable, just in the same way Hamilton looked unbeatable when the luck went his way. That's what happens when you put two fantastic drivers in a fantastic car, they can only be separated by the others misfortune. I also think there has been a tremendous amount of spin out on this by Sky in order to deflect away from the dull action on the track.

Man of Honour
Totally agree, it's all down to luck. Rosberg at the moment looks absolutely unbeatable, just in the same way Hamilton looked unbeatable when the luck went his way. That's what happens when you put two fantastic drivers in a fantastic car, they can only be separated by the others misfortune. I also think there has been a tremendous amount of spin out on this by Sky in order to deflect away from the dull action on the track.

:confused:
he looks very beatable.
beaten in practice, beaten in qauli.

Soldato
I absolutely believe Hamilton is a better driver than Rosberg, but I do believe Rosberg justifies his race seat, on his day he is easily a match.
I'm trying to think of the last driver, in a top team, who really shouldn't have been there.
Any thoughts?

Suppose we could say Lotus was there for a while, and Maldonaldo just wasn't right. Although even then, for a brief time, during a Monaco Grand Prix, I thought he was coming good. Then he was punted out of the race..

Edit: Out of interest, is there anyone on the grid at the moment, who people think shouldn't be there? (being as objective as possible)

Last edited:
Caporegime

Bahahahah. Rosberg a fantastic driver! Lol. Pull the other one.

Caporegime

It was a response to Hikari, claiming Hamilton should have been happy and cheery about coming 2nd.

Edit: no, wait, it was a response to you. For the same reasons. Expecting someone who wants to win championships to be happy about coming 2nd to his only rival is stupid. I'd expect anyone to be furious.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This is the only way Rosberg would ever find himself leading the championship, if Hamilton made mistakes or had a run of bad luck. He must be pinching himself at the moment that he's doing so well.

Back
Top Bottom