Communal Showers

• Yay

Votes: 76 32.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 160 67.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
So in my city, there are a few council run fitness centers. The main one I have been using is in the city center and is brand new with state of the art facilities. The changing room for the gym is unisex mainly because each shower is actually an individual shower and changing space. Which is really forward thinking in my opinion.

So today, I decided to try another council gym that's nearer to my house. The gym is quite dated, however, the main thing that freaked me out today was that the changing room was just that; a room to get ready in and a communal row of showers.

Now I don't know if this is a generational thing, but it freaked me out and I ended up driving home in my sweaty gym gear(luckily it was only 5 mins up the road, windows open all the way!) I can't really fathom communal showers in this day and age. Aside for my being a big prude, it seems to me that in this day and age, it's pretty backwards.

TL;DR

Am I being a prude for thinking that communal showers are way behind the times and unacceptable in today's world?

Soldato
I feel uncomfortable about using communal changing rooms, but that's because I have the body of a shaven walrus and am ashamed of it.
I don't think it's in any way backwards, just cheap.

Caporegime
was fairly standard at school, uni, the army etc..

no one is likely checking out your **** etc... if someone does just smile and wink at them - it will freak them out a bit and they'll leave fairly quickly...

Soldato
Communal changing rooms or showers! :eek::mad:

Why would I want to look at a gang of silver backed gorillas drying there scrotum?

I especially hate those that parade their wares, walking around a little to much to be getting changed in my opinion. :rolleyes:

BAN THEM NOW! :mad:

Soldato
tbh id have though the visibility of wangs would be less of an issue compared to the abysmal state of cleaniness.

id rather not shower for a week (and have done) than use a communal shower, even if I could find a time when it was empty.

Back
Top Bottom