Galaxy S3 windows xp detects camera not device

Associate
When plugged in to work computer ( XP SP3) My samsung Galaxy S3 only gets detected as a camera. This means I can not access my micro sim card.
The computer next to me at work which should be an identical set up sees a portable device.This P.C Can access SD card and move files from pc to phone etc.
All works fine at home on windows 7.
I have tried removing drivers from device manager still sees a digital camera.
I cant work out what can be different between the 2 computers at work for one to see a portable device and my one to see a camera.
Kies will not detect phone on my work PC had same problem with galaxy S2.
I really need full access to phone and SD card.
Any ideas?

Associate
OP
They have taken that option out of the S3 (mass storage)
Here are the driver details that Xp is using.
driverS3.jpg

galaxys3drivers.jpg

It must be driver related as pc next to me picks up as device as mentioned before.

Soldato
You're on the wrong USB mode as Jam said. Plug it in, drop down the bar and click on the USB bit where it says Connected as a camera / PTP device. Select the other option, phone should auto re-sync as a MTP device.

Associate
OP
It is/was connected in MTP as a Media device.How do I relpace the pt drivers with the correct ones?
The pc that shows the phone correctly had these drivers shown.
20120906_090244.jpg

Soldato
You could try the samsung USB driver kit I guess, that's the only thing i can really suggest at this stage that you havn't done. Presume you're running SP2+ just to check?

Associate
OP
yes its SP3. when I try putting samsung drivers in a messege comes up that I need to eject phone and reboot. After trying this via device manager I still get same messege. I need to find a way of my computer forgetting this phone and start again . As soon as I plug in a camera is reconized.

Back
Top Bottom