• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
ive always had monitor and TV connected on all previous driver without incident Shanks, did the driver update now it refuses to remember the display settings. It's also now everytime I boot, changing to "Extend the displays" even though I never ever have these screens extended, I only ever use one or the other depending on what I'm doing. If I log off and shut down the PC with "Show Only on 1" under the multiple displays tab in Windows display settings, when I restart it uses screen 2 as default and auotmatically changes to "Extend these displays"

Never had this issue on any other version of driver, now it's doing it.

Soldato
ive always had monitor and TV connected on all previous driver without incident Shanks, did the driver update now it refuses to remember the display settings. It's also now everytime I boot, changing to "Extend the displays" even though I never ever have these screens extended, I only ever use one or the other depending on what I'm doing. If I log off and shut down the PC with "Show Only on 1" under the multiple displays tab in Windows display settings, when I restart it uses screen 2 as default and auotmatically changes to "Extend these displays"

Never had this issue on any other version of driver, now it's doing it.

OK anything setup inside the amd Crimson driver software? Maybe something over riding the windows settings.
Apart from that am really not sure what else it could be.

Associate
I can't use the latest driver with windows store games. Both gears and forza crash to desktop within 10 seconds.

Reverted back to the previous and all is well.

Associate
Decided to play some Division with my friends:

dn3lPTA.png

Then decided not to :/.

Running 16.5.3, haven't played the game since around 16.5.2 I think, and the most recent patch dropped the other night I think. Noticed FRTC also wasn't working. Anyone know what the deal with this is?

Associate
What's up with the AMD drivers leaving behind multiple Vulkan Run Time Libraries in the Windows Programs and Features section?

iFSfJyN.png

In Crimson the AMD Vulkan Driver Version is: 1.0.11.0 so I assume the drivers will always use the latest? Should I uninstall the old versions or leave them be??

Associate
What's up with the AMD drivers leaving behind multiple Vulkan Run Time Libraries in the Windows Programs and Features section?

iFSfJyN.png

In Crimson the AMD Vulkan Driver Version is: 1.0.11.0 so I assume the drivers will always use the latest? Should I uninstall the old versions or leave them be??

I had this as well, I uninstalled all the older ones and run DOTA 2 using VULKAN and it all works perfect! I much prefer vulkan over -dx11 I cant wait till vulkan is available in DOOM.

Soldato
I had this as well, I uninstalled all the older ones and run DOTA 2 using VULKAN and it all works perfect! I much prefer vulkan over -dx11 I cant wait till vulkan is available in DOOM.

I havnt played dota all week but when did they start using vulkan API? Sorry don't mean to derail the thread in anyway but curious! Also how can i test vulkan in dota? :D

Associate
I havnt played dota all week but when did they start using vulkan API? Sorry don't mean to derail the thread in anyway but curious! Also how can i test vulkan in dota? :D

1.) Install AMD Crimson 16.5.3 Hotfix or later

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

2.) Steam Library Dota 2 Properties (Right-Click Game) -> DLC -> DOTA 2 - Vulkan support TICK, DOWNLOAD VULKAN SUPPORT

3.) Steam Library Dota 2 Properties (Right-Click Game) -> General -> SET LAUNCH OPTIONS = copy paste the below into text field.

-vulkan +con_enable "1" -vconsole -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -useforcedmparms -high

Click OK, -> CLOSE.

4.) Enable Console & Optimal Video Settings

IMAGES FOR ENABLE CONSOLE KEY & VIDEO SETTINGS (BORDERLESS WINDOW) SETTINGS =

1 - http://postimg.org/image/bj9cr4eqj/

2 - http://postimg.org/image/kui32842j/

3 - http://postimg.org/image/r8pjog2hn/

5.) LOAD INTO GAME -> PRESS CONSOLE KEY type fps_max 0 uncapped (or 60/75/120/144) press ENTER, left click back to game window.

Associate
@AMDMatt

really need your help pal

i have a HD8970m In my lappy with win 10 64bit i7 cpu and 8 gig ram

anyway been doing it for a while now if i use all the newer drivers certain games will not work [well they do but very very low fps] etc doing it in squad at the mo and star citizen but if i load the new hitman works no probs at all????
its doing me nut in now ive tried every bloody thing

Associate
done some more testing if i go back to amd-catalyst-15.11.1beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-nov14 ALL games work fine :eek::eek::eek::eek:

i think its something to do with switchable graphics could you pass it on to driver team @AMDMatt ALL drivers above that plays up on certain games and its all 8970m have googled it and a lot of ppl in same boat now for long time its deffo that switchable graphics thing

cheers ;)

Soldato
1.) Install AMD Crimson 16.5.3 Hotfix or later

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

2.) Steam Library Dota 2 Properties (Right-Click Game) -> DLC -> DOTA 2 - Vulkan support TICK, DOWNLOAD VULKAN SUPPORT

3.) Steam Library Dota 2 Properties (Right-Click Game) -> General -> SET LAUNCH OPTIONS = copy paste the below into text field.

-vulkan +con_enable "1" -vconsole -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -useforcedmparms -high

Click OK, -> CLOSE.

4.) Enable Console & Optimal Video Settings

IMAGES FOR ENABLE CONSOLE KEY & VIDEO SETTINGS (BORDERLESS WINDOW) SETTINGS =

1 - http://postimg.org/image/bj9cr4eqj/

2 - http://postimg.org/image/kui32842j/

3 - http://postimg.org/image/r8pjog2hn/

5.) LOAD INTO GAME -> PRESS CONSOLE KEY type fps_max 0 uncapped (or 60/75/120/144) press ENTER, left click back to game window.

Thankyou! I will have a play with this :)

Associate
Decided to play some Division with my friends:

dn3lPTA.png

Then decided not to :/.

Running 16.5.3, haven't played the game since around 16.5.2 I think, and the most recent patch dropped the other night I think. Noticed FRTC also wasn't working. Anyone know what the deal with this is?

Not sure what the cause of this is but found someone with the same issue on the Division forums and the fix is to set ambient occlusion to anything which isn't HBAO+. Perhaps it's not AMD drivers, but I thought I should post the fix incase anyone else encounters it.

Caporegime
OP
done some more testing if i go back to amd-catalyst-15.11.1beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-nov14 ALL games work fine :eek::eek::eek::eek:

i think its something to do with switchable graphics could you pass it on to driver team @AMDMatt ALL drivers above that plays up on certain games and its all 8970m have googled it and a lot of ppl in same boat now for long time its deffo that switchable graphics thing

cheers ;)

Can you try using the 16.5.3 drivers and adding the application to CCC Slim and enabling the switchable graphics application monitor to check which GPU is being used in each application?

Associate
Can you try using the 16.5.3 drivers and adding the application to CCC Slim and enabling the switchable graphics application monitor to check which GPU is being used in each application?

Will try this tomorrow matt when I am off work matt ;) what is ccc slim matt ?

Windows 10 64 bit btw ;)

Soldato
Does anybody know where AMD drivers save overdrive information?

Basically if I use afterburner to adjust my clocks and use speeds I need additional voltage for to be stable, When I restart crimson its applying my clocks before afterburner can adjust the voltage and giving me blackscreens unless I manually reset my clocks before shutting down.

I'm hoping I can make the file read-only or atleast back it up so I can just boot in safe mod and overwrite it if I forget.

I've tried editing my BIOS to add my voltage that way but I must be doing somethign wrong as its not stable.

Back
Top Bottom