• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

670 GTX vs 970 GTX

Soldato
Associate
Thanks for the feedback!

The 1070 is releasing in June at £400? Articles say that's the baseline and founders edition from Nvidia, meaning manufacturers like Gigabyte will be cheaper but release later?

Yes the reference 1070 should be £400 on the 10th of June, but the Gigabyte Windforce should be available within a few weeks of release and be cheaper than £400 if the 1080 prices are anything to go by. Like the 1080, OcUK will likely offer preorders on the cheaper aftermarket versions on release day.

I would strongly recommend spending the extra £75 quid or so on the 1070 vs the new 970 Windforce if you really want a card for 3+ years. It's way more suitable for the future. It's really up to you though. A lot more performance considering the cheapest 1070 could easily be £329.99. No one knows for sure the exact price (except Gibbo ;)), but it's well worth waiting 11 days to see the cheapest 1070 prices. Wrong time to be impatient after having a card for 3+ years :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes the reference 1070 should be £400 on the 10th of June, but the Gigabyte Windforce should be available within a few weeks of release and be cheaper than £400 if the 1080 prices are anything to go by. Like the 1080, OcUK will likely offer preorders on the cheaper aftermarket versions on release day.

I would strongly recommend spending the extra £75 quid or so on the 1070 vs the new 970 Windforce if you really want a card for 3+ years. It's way more suitable for the future. It's really up to you though. A lot more performance considering the cheapest 1070 could easily be £329.99. No one knows for sure the exact price (except Gibbo ;)), but it's well worth waiting 11 days to see the cheapest 1070 prices. Wrong time to be impatient after having a card for 3+ years :p

Yeah screw it, Windforce 1070 sounds pretty damn delicious haha. Probably £350 for it or so, paid £320 for this 670 few years ago, no point half-assing an upgrade I do every 4 years.

It has to be Windforce though, they are so quiet and run so cool.

I'd wait and see if Nvidia responds to Polaris with a 1060. Not that long now.

Nah, there's a 1070 out there with my name on it, sitting in some warehouse somewhere. :cool:

Thanks for the help everyone, think I would have regretted rushing into a 970.

Back
Top Bottom