• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MicroATX so which 980?!

Associate
I have a Corsair Carbide Series Air 240 case microATX and wonder if I will have any issue fitting the new 1080 GTX's in.

I was looking at the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW but unsure of it will fit? Also the air flow is into the case so might cause issues if clocking? The 280x I currently have needed some modding to get it to fit shall we say...

Thanks

Moleh

Associate
OP
Its the height of the fixing bracket that gave me issue on the 280x already measured the length. But was also the cooling issues if it does not extract out of the back like a 970 reference card cooler.

Thanks

Soldato
Its the height of the fixing bracket that gave me issue on the 280x already measured the length. But was also the cooling issues if it does not extract out of the back like a 970 reference card cooler.

Thanks

As long as you have some quality fans intaking on the front and an exhaust fan or two on back/top should be fine for a single card.

Soldato
I have this case, and I've learnt to avoid any gpus where the heatsink rises above the IO bracket (unless its by a couple of mm's).

Looking at that card, I would personally avoid it and go with something like Gigabyte's G1 Gaming model. Or a new case.

Associate
OP
Any reviews on the Gigabyte's G1 Gaming model yet? Also what is Gigabyte RMA like in the UK?

Thanks

Moleh

Associate
OP
Just noticed to subject should be 1080. :( If someone could change it that would be great, old habits die hard...

Back
Top Bottom