• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION: WANNA PRE-ORDER?

Soldato
I am now officially concerned. I am hearing that the EVGA FTW will not have an EK waterblock, and this has something to do with EVGA and their hydrocopper/hybrid cards, basically wanting people to buy these instead?!

Is this true?

If so I need to know quickly so I can change my preorder to an MSI Gaming X or STRIX or something similar....

All advice and thoughts welcomed!

Cheers :)

Seems to be the case. I'm now likely to buy MSI Gaming X's and waterblock them. If i buy them at all that is. Still undecided.

Given by the EK managing director that they dont have any non-ref blocks planned for EVGA cards. Still could all change due to demand.

They currently have MSI gaming X, Gigabyte gaming and Asus strix in the works.

MSI UK do allow waterblocks.

I would send EK a message to verify.

Soldato
I am now officially concerned.
I am hearing that the EVGA FTW will not have an EK waterblock,
and this has something to do with EVGA and their hydrocopper/hybrid cards,
basically wanting people to buy these instead?!

Is this true?

If memory serves the FTW never had full cover blocks in previous gens, so no.

You could use something like this

Soldato
Ftw version ha always had some slightly improved circuitry but thats never made it better than the Superclocked hence no blocks as no demand.

Windforce extreme is the card I am watching.

Since evga started binning the top chips for the kpe my interest has waned on the classified.

Last edited:
Associate
This sucks. Going MSI (it will match my design better - hoping it won't lose out on OC under water against the Strix/FTW) then. So annoying as the FTW seems to be the card with the most power. Not entirely sure it will matter.

Really annoyed, as now I have no idea when my cards will get here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ftw version ha always had some slightly improved circuitry but thats never made it better than the Superclocked hence no blocks as no demand.
The FTW edition has typically used the same cooler as the cheaper versions though, whereas this time it's using the same larger cooler as the Classified (complete with RGB LEDs). The gap seems a little bigger this time around.

Soldato
This sucks. Going MSI (it will match my design better - hoping it won't lose out on OC under water against the Strix/FTW) then. So annoying as the FTW seems to be the card with the most power. Not entirely sure it will matter.

Really annoyed, as now I have no idea when my cards will get here.

I had MSI gaming Ti's and 980's. Were great cards and overclocked extremely well. Wish I kept them to be honest.

I'm at the minute likely grabbing 2 MSI X's. Stick them on water once blocks are released.

Associate
Hi guys

I will do my best to keep threads updated with ETAs on the cards in the coming weeks.

Plenty of Founders coming in next week and then should get schedules for SC and FTW early next week while I am at Computex.

I will update where I can. At the moment first SC stocks around 9th/10th June and then FTW the following week 16th/17th June.

Please dont take this as gospel though. Please bare with me and I will do what I can.

Thanks
Ben

says 3rd of June on the OCUK shop for the SC really don't want to be waiting that long 9th June???.

How do you find out how many people have pre ordered before you? would like to know where I am on the list

Last edited:
Soldato

Windforce extreme is the card I am watching.

Since evga started binning the top chips for the kpe my interest has waned on the classified.

hopefully should be ok on the 1080 as I'd guess there wont be a kingpin edition, they will hold out until the 1080Ti for that.

Associate

Lmfao... ive had AMD cards for the last 15+ yrs, the last two i had ( and just sold to fund my 1080 ) sapphire 280X's in crossfire were the worst cards ive ever had. Drivers, factory unstable overclocks - having to underclock memory on both cards from 1550 to 1500 just to get them somewhere near stable was a complete joke!! Decided to change corners and give Nvidia a go. Got my 1080 FE coming in morning - byeee AMD

Soldato
I am now officially concerned. I am hearing that the EVGA FTW will not have an EK waterblock, and this has something to do with EVGA and their hydrocopper/hybrid cards, basically wanting people to buy these instead?!

Is this true?

If so I need to know quickly so I can change my preorder to an MSI Gaming X or STRIX or something similar....

All advice and thoughts welcomed!

Cheers :)

EVGA and EK aren't best of friends anymore.

With the 980 Ti Kingpin edition, EVGA did a last minute change to the PCB and didn't inform EK, so EK designed waterblocks with the old PCB that EVGA had given them. As a result it created a mess since the blocks didn't work with the cards after they were released. A mess.

Now EK has prioritized ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte custom cards ahead of EVGA cards.

But EVGA has confirmed that there will be waterblocks for all of their cards, just not from EK.

Back
Top Bottom