• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Polaris architecture – GCN 4.0

Soldato
AMD_Polaris_8.jpg

More Slides:

AMD_Polaris_4.jpg

AMD_Polaris_5.jpg

AMD_Polaris_7.jpg

AMD_Polaris_9.jpg

AMD_Polaris_10.jpg

AMD_Polaris_11.jpg

AMD_Polaris_3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OK... just decided to lock away my money till this thing comes :D lol. (Look I've been outside in the freezing cold all day constructing a garage, I'm allowed to make 'some' frazzled comments ;) :p )

I do wonder if this will be GCN 1.4 or 2.0 as such.

Associate
With VR and 4K becoming more feasible options I really hope Polaris and Pascal bring about huge improvements.

28 nm has gotten old already.

Soldato
A benchmark slide comparing power consumption of a Polaris gpu with a GTX 950 @ 1080P

mlqbh0.jpg

the test is dated 2nd December 2015 so they have working samples of a next gen gpu which seems to be a low power notebook gpu. Hopefully more leaks coming in the next few months. Both cards are on medium preset for Battlefront but for comparison we know that ultra preset on a gtx 950 gets about 48 fps.

http://www.techspot.com/review/1096-star-wars-battlefront-benchmarks/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom