• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Which brand of 1080 / 1070 will you buy?

Which brand of 1080 / 1070 will you buy?

• EVGA

Votes: 170 48.6%
  • Asus

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Zotac

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • Gainward

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Inno3D

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • KFA2

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • MSI

Votes: 56 16.0%
  • OCUK Value

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • Palit

Votes: 14 4.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
What 1080 \ 1070 card will you be buying?

Also post your reasoning for your choice?

For example

EVGA (step up program)

Asus (UK warranty)

Etc

Transferable warranty is just EVGA is it not?

Last edited:
Associate
EVGA have the best warranty service AFAIK. I thought Gigabyte allowed this too but I don't think it's the case. They have a strange system of starting the warranty from the manufacture date also.

Very difficult to get clear, up to date, black and white terms of the warranty from almost all partners actually, which is a travesty for consumers. EVGA are one of the few that let you know where you stand.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Cheers Can the mods please add a POLL and change the title please?

What 1070\ 1080 card will you be buying?

EVGA
Asus
Gigabyte
Zotac
Gainward
Inno3D
KFA2
MSI
OCUK Value
Palit

Caporegime
I might be tempted by a half decent custom 1080 if one can be had for around ~£500. Otherwise I'm out.

Quite pleased with my 980 MSI gaming. The cooler is great so I might possibly go with that again.

Soldato
EVGA if I cave and go reference design, as I do like their warranty and is who all my recent cards have been with bar my AMD Fiji cards.

If aftermarket not sure, not EVGA however. Found their normal ACX 2.0 cooler to be meh at best. MSI's Twin Frozer was far nicer IMO as was Gigabytes entry. But see what they produce this time.

Soldato
I am not sure that getting EVGA then waiting for step up will work

eg. get EVGA reference then step up to custom card like classified...

Looking at their current step up program, they do not seem to have anything above a normal ACX 2.0 980ti in the step up program.

Would be good if you could get EVGA reference then step up to one of the better cards when they are out.

Last edited:
Associate
Definitely interested in the results of this.

I had an MSI Titan X which was fine, but when I sent it off for RMA it took the entire 28 day period to get back to me. It was a new Titan which was nice, but that's a long time for it to be gone and I had 0 status updates on how it was during the time period.

bru

bru

Soldato
Probably MSI 1070

Reason the previous 470, 670 and 970 have all been absolutely faultless, of course I might try EVGA this time round seeing as their Customer support is the one everyone recommends.

Caporegime
OP
I am not sure that getting EVGA then waiting for step up will work

eg. get EVGA reference then step up to custom card like classified...

Looking at their current step up program, they do not seem to have anything above a normal ACX 2.0 980ti in the step up program.

Would be good if you could get EVGA reference then step up to one of the better cards when they are out.

I dont think you can step up with a gen..

Associate
If the competition doesn't step up and the 1070 is good and priced well, then it's a EVGA for me.

Will wait for a ftw card as the 980 ti ftw was my dream card.

Back
Top Bottom